Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > January outing?

Jere-Miner

has there been any talk on where the january outing might be?

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

December 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stormscrambler

from what i have read is it will be dicussed and voted on at the jan meeting, any were you want to go?

--

i would rather sleep out side :D

December 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Make some suggestions here please! Anybody have a new spot they care to share? Also we all would appreciate a outing host that could scout an area pre-outing and have a plan of attack for the participants. You don't have to wait for the meeting to speak up.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

December 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stormscrambler

i would like some were kind of close and not frozen :)

--

i would rather sleep out side :D

December 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

i met Ivan in costco the other day, he liked the idea of going to the American River confluence. and i wouldn't mind going there to try my luck again. with the dry weather, there should be more bank to prospect, and mine.

--

January 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Gary, George and I were at the confluence last week and you can cross the river now. I don't know how they did but my take wasn't much. I posted a few pics from the day. It was chilly in the AM. but warmed up later in the day. If we decide to go there I think I'll go left up the north fork. :) 

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

January 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Went out prospecting yesterday, and the weather was beautiful. It was ALMOST warm enough for just a t-shirt.
But the water is COLD, COLD, COLD.

So be sure to bring something to protect your hands and feet from the painfully frigid water.

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

January 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Karen C. Rice

Maybe Briceburg, up past Mariposa.  We've been there a couple of times last year, Apr & Sept.  Water will be low and we know there's gold across in the cracks on the hill.  GPAA has a couple of claims in that area too. The area has good access for anyone who has any type of mobility issues, wagons and wheelbarrows welcome.  About a 2.5 hour drive from the Concord/Dublin area.

January 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lenny

Steve,did you have to pay to park up on the road? cause last time we were there we had to pay.

--

January 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Lenny, Yes. They still charge 10 bucks to park.

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

January 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.