Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome Folks!! > New to Prospecting - Livermore, CA

Rob C

Hello everyone,

I'm absolutely brand new to prospecting and live in Livermore, CA. My brother got me interested in propecting but lives up in Idaho, so I'm not able to get out there with him much and thought it would be nice to meet up with others in NorCal that share an interest in prospecting.

I work full time, have a wife, and 3 children, so I more than likely won't be able to get out a whole lot but would be interested in meeting with the club every once in a while on an outing.

So far, I don't have any equipment but would like to hear from others on what they use around here, and or what they have the most success using.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you all at the next meeting.

Rob

January 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

"So far, I don't have any equipment but would like to hear from others on what they use around here, and or what they have the most success using." I suggest watching some of HurtHawks Video's...That should get you a good idea of where to start. And welcome to the Chapter!

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 6, 2014 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Hello Rob C,

Welcome!   As Pucky has mentioned HurtHawks videos are very informative and you can see with just the right amount of equipment one can do very well.   

Just a note Rob, our regular club meeting is this Thursday, Jan 9th, so it would be very beneficial to meet other like-minded members and ask questions.   Our monthly outing will be held on the 18th, however we will be discussing at this week's meeting the location.   

Minimally, I reccomend you will need a 14" gold pan, 1/2" classifier (sieve), a couple of buckets, a shovel and maybe a pick.  If you have access to some dirt/sand/rocks practice panning in a mason tub using copper BBs and/or lead weights.  

Feel free to ask more questions and hope to see you at this week's meeting.

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

January 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob C

Great, thaks for the information. I'm planning on making the meeting this Thursday, and will take a look at the videos that HH has made.

Regards,

Rob

January 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Hello and Welcome to the club! Also, for some of the basic items that you will need for prospecting can be picked up at our club meeting also. See you there.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

January 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene

Rob C... leave early, traffic is pretty bad for us coming from the Dublin/Livermore area.

January 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob C

Thanks Irene, yeah, that traffic is a beast sometimes. :(

January 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Did anyone carpool to the meeting?

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene

Yes, Janet & I usually carpool every month

January 10, 2014 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply