Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sat 1-18-14

james 48

Fished the American River early sat, caught 2 nice steelhead.  We were finshed by 10:30 so made a trip To Salmon Falls Bridge .Folsom Lake is so low that that the forks are showing old towns that have been under water for 50 years. There were 6 people prospecting. I did one 5 gal of concetrate , found some nice color. This would be a good place for an outing. There are paid parking lots on both sides of the bridge, $10.00, or free parking for about 10 vehicles on shoulder of the road.

I've posted some photos in the Photo Gallery.

January 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

There is probably a lot of gold on the lake bottom from years of accumulation and inaccessibility, I don't know what kind of pattern it would be in or where it would most likely be found though :) Perhaps nearer the lake inlets?

--

" :)"

January 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

james 48

You are correct Robyn, Acorn Creek drops in to the lake at the bridge, we are going back in  two weeks.

January 21, 2014 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

hello robyn and james, You are on a correct path in your thoughts, 

If you have an area on your topo map that has an old load mine above a river and that river now flows into a lake at low water in the lake you will sand bars nearest the highwater mark or the water level mark from the previous year those sand bars should have a decent ammount of gold in them.. needless to say that the easy gold is gone, the area closest to the inflow through about 25 feet or so should hold the largest quantity i would use a magnet on a stick to find the highest concentrates of black sand then sample there. you could always use your metal detector to detect hot streaks, in these streak you will find bullets nails ect. since gold is heavy it will be with these items.. if you are finding these items  you will find gold!

hope that helps out

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

January 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meander

here is a link that will show the meandering process through geologic time. ALL  fresh water bodies were created by the blocking of rivers, creeks , or streams.   If you have ever wonderd how there is  gold in bench gravels? this should help you out AND there are still bench gravels to be found @#Them/Thar/Hill$!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

January 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

james 48

Me and Rich went back  on Sat. Found color in a number of spots. Up stream from the bridge aout 1/4 mile is a nice gravel bar. The guy working near Rich found a nice picker.I posted some new photos.

January 26, 2014 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.