Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Claims?

Rich68

AMRA just posted the following on Facebook, and thought it might be a good idea for the club.

Basically Shannon has found (and tested, and PROVEN) about 10 good claims, but can't afford to file/acquire them. He is looking for someone to partner with.

Maybe the club can be that person!? We certainly NEED some new claims.

"American Mining Rights Association · 386 like this9 hours ago · Very important announcement, please read this complete post:

Being as how AMRA does not have a dishonest bone in its body, we are going to give you the facts on our Arizona trip.

We generated just over $1000 in raffle sales........for 2/3's of an ounce of gold we gave away. Add in the cost of fuel and a few meals at about $700. We didn't have motel costs as we stayed with a friend on his couch for the week we were there, so we saved that money.

In short, we had hoped to generate thousands which we had planned on giving PLP (Public Lands for the People) half of our proceeds for the dredge moratorium fight and the remainder would have been used to pick up claims in Arizona to expand and get a foothold in that state.

We mined our butts off (we mined 15 claimable locations) and found 3 good claims, AMRA quality claims.

The problem is we do not have the funds.

As most of you (existing AMRA members) are aware, I make my living mining, have for many years. Long before AMRA, I would mine potential claims, and would find claims I personally would like to pick up for myself knowing they would provide me with the income I expected. You all know we don't just pick up claims to say we have claims, they have to be the best of the best or we just move on. We found gold on every claim we mined in AZ, most just didn't produce what we expect. Some of these even had nearly year-round water....rare in AZ. We can't with a good conscious just pick up a claim where you work your butt off and find a few specs after a weekend of mining. Can't do it. Won't do it.

We have 10 locations right now of claims we would like to pick up. This is out of probably 150 I've personally looked at over the past two years. Here in California, and also in Arizona. Some of the claims in CA I've been looking at for years and finally the original claim owners screwed up their paperwork (or some other reason) have let the claims go back to the state. These are premier claims folks, claims I would have picked up for myself.

Here is what we are offering. We know the good claims, we just don't have the funds. If an existing member would like to purchase a claim for AMRA, the claim will be theirs. We will provide where the claim is located, the member can purchase the claim and record it with the county. AMRA would have access to the claim for its members. Simple. Most of the claims we have in mind are 40 to 60 acres and the cost per claim is (roughly) $350 for a 40 acre to $520 for a 60 acre claim.

By doing this, it allows AMRA to grow to areas where we could pull new members, expand to new states and generate income to defend our right to access public lands, mine those lands and pass this on to future generations. We don't need to tell all of you how crucial it is to fight what we are experiencing from our own government right now. The EPA is threatening to fine people in ID $50,000 per day if they don't obtain a pollution discharge permit for dredges.........and they won't issue permits. In Arizona, they are gating roads at an alarming rate, as evidenced by the claim we mined and want to pick up. In CA, we must generate money to fight for the dredge moratorium as the studies are done (2 of them now) which conclusively show we do not cause damage to fish habitat. In OR, they just passed this last year devastating restrictions on dredging. We could go on and on as you know.

If you are interested in purchasing a claim for AMRA and AMRA members, email me at [email protected]

Again, thank you all for your support."

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

January 23, 2014 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Richard, I sent Shannon an email asking about the claims in California and will wait for their reply.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

January 23, 2014 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

sounds like a good deal, I could be in for a scouting trip. 

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

January 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ric L

if near my daughter in Phoenix I'ld be interested to learning more about the claims there.

January 23, 2014 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Richard and Club members who might have had their hopes up, Shannon got back to me and her response is below.

Thanks for getting back to me Gary. We had several members step up and donate a few thousand dollars to us today alone, so at this time I don't think we will be offering to partner up with joint claims with anyone. If that changes, I'll reach out to you directly.

Sure appreciate the consideration though.

Mr. Shannon Poe

President, AMRA

Fighting for your right to mine

--

January 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Yeah the wording in their message was directed at AMRA members and it seemed the claims were for AMRA use only. Thank you for posting Richard, and thank you for following up Gary. Perhaps the club could research some new claims on it's own or with another local club?

--

" :)"

January 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Well lets see what we as a club can find for ourselves first. I think we should be able to locate a new claim somewhere in the mountains!

--

January 27, 2014 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Yeah that's the spirit Gary! <3 :)

--

January 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

we all gotta plan a trip then i guess huh

--

J.Osgood

EBP

January 29, 2014 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Maybe there will be good news at our club meeting next week! You might want to attend..

--

January 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

Gary Chance at January 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Maybe there will be good news at our club meeting next week! You might want to attend..

I got some gas money if anybody from the san jose area wants to split gas up 

--

J.Osgood

EBP

January 29, 2014 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Jere-miner, you can carpool with me and Ramos to the meeting but you will have to meet us at Ramos's work by 4:30 on Thursday.

--

January 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joe davis squabman

anybody from the valley going to the meeting?

--

joe davis squabman

January 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Woo Hoo! Erich has this coming Thursday off by lucky chance! We're coming :) We can also get new membership cards and stuff!

--

January 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.