Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > February Yuba River

RobynM

Erich and I have been to East Bay Digs in awhile, we are planning to come to the February Digs. Where on the Yuba River is it and is there any camping nearby? :) Is it hands and pans?

Looking forward to seeing you all,

Robyn

--

" :)"

January 26, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Robyn, It's the first place where 49 crosses the yuba. There is a big parking lot to the right before you actually cross the bridge. Yes, it's hands and pans. I don't think there is any camping within miles of the place. Also, our tickets didn't win at the last meeting. :(

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

January 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Steve i guess the best way for me is come west on I80 turn off on hwy 20 to Nevada City?

--

"nobody ever drowned himself in his own sweat"

January 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I'm going to try the Gold Rush Nugget Bucket at the Yuba outing :)

--

January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene

Let us know how it works RobynM!

January 29, 2014 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

winching4au

wyattearp - yes, use 20 to n.c. - just before entering town, take a right on hwy 49 to downieville - its about 5-6 miles to bridge. 

February 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Thank you winching, i checked out google earth also. Hope to see you there! Ron

--

February 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I think I have the location in Google Maps. North of Nevada City on 49, at the South Yuba River with a parking lot on the right just before the main bridge. Kinda of a boulder strewn area with some shallows and deeper pools?  Google maps wants me to just drive up 49 from Auburn, is 20 from below Truckee any faster? We're driving from Santa Cruz.

--

February 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Robyn i am coming from Reno so Winching was helping me with directions.

--

February 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

With all the rain coming this weekend, it looks like low river conditions are a thing of the past. Higher river levels and a "hands and pans" area......Hummm, I think I'll stay home for this one. I might try slipping out on Friday if it doesn't rain too much over the next couple of days. I think I might give the American confluence another shot. :) 

--

February 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim L.

So, I am really new here. What is "hands and pans"? Is that literal?  I am really new, only been learning prospecting since October.

--
February 10, 2014 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Yes literal. So bring an extra pan to dig with. A 5-gal bucket and classifier(s) will help filter out the big gravel to make your panning more efficient.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

February 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim L.

Are newbie's welcome? I live in Santa Cruz and have a Mini Van and would be more than willing to drive if anyone wants to ride with me up. I Have a gold nugget bucket too, as well as classifiers, buckers, A couple of sluices and lots of pans. They seem to multiple like rabbits.

--
February 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Tim, I live in San Jose and I am going to the outing. I leave pretty early though.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

February 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg Arend

Gary Chance at February 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Tim, I live in San Jose and I am going to the outing. I leave pretty early though.

If you are coming from the Sac.area, just take 80 to 49 north.pass through Grass Valley, continue on 49 through Nevada city until you arrive at the South Yuba River. This is curving beautiful canyon and bridge. This is the spot. Lots of parking too. Trail is on the opposite side of the bridge from the parking area.   Greg

February 11, 2014 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg Arend

I meant to post that this is a big beautiful canyon with a curving bridge.you can't miss it  (925) 825-6707 Greg

February 11, 2014 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lenny

Are we going to get the cordinance map location of the new claim in Sonora?

--

February 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

All,

The EBP claims guide has been sent out to the EBP Board members for approval prior to release to the club for purchase.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

February 13, 2014 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sand Shark (Matt Pena)

Hey everyone I'm a member of the club and I was wondering if I could bring a buddy to the outing this Saturday.  He's a non member. Thanks guys

--

February 14, 2014 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Sand Shark, It's a public area so anyone can go there but guests are welcome at any of our outings. :)

--

February 14, 2014 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.