Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Urgent request for butts in chairs...Jan 30th 1:00pm

DaleMyer
Administrator

FYI, I sent this out as an email blast, today, Wednesday 1/29 just after Noon.

Sadly, when down with the flu, I missed an important email from miner Rick of the WMA. He is requesting miners from NorCal that have this Thursday (TOMORROW AFTERNOON!) open and simply can put a butt in a chair. No speaking required. Simply put, if stakeholder don't show up in force, our voices aren't heard and we get railroaded.

Sorry for the short notice but this is how the game is played. This time we have a chance too show our support for those speaking in our favor. Please attend if you can to show support for all of us that want to prevent them from more reasons to shut us out of our claims.

USFWS Frogs & Toads Public Hearing

When :

January 30, 2014 @ 1:00 pm
Where
Sacramento Horseman's Association
3200 Longview Drive
Sacramento,CA 95821
USA
Map link not working for some reason, please google map it.

The US Fish & Wildlife Service has proposed listing the Mountain Yellow Legged Frog and the Yosemite Toad as endangered species.

This designation will include over 1.8 million acres covering a majority of the Sierra Nevada Range as critical habitat, including over 84,000 acres of private property.

This listing is the result of a Sue & Settle Agreement conducted in secret between the USFWS and the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD). If this designation is implemented it will affect all activities in the Sierras including trail riding; off road vehicles; small scale mining; logging; fire management; private property and even fishing.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

January 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

I can't drive that far, but am willing to chip in and car-pool to Sac to fill a seat.

925-672-1863 

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joe davis squabman

According to a message from Kirk Mackenzie/ DRA there is a second meeting at the same place at 6:00 today.

--

joe davis squabman

January 30, 2014 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Yup; I read the early one was the one they had hoped would fill the house though.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

fyi, attendance at the 1 pm mtg was close to but not quite all seats taken. 30 or so speakers made some good points, in the audience's opinion, the USFWS only was pleased when the speaker from the Ctr for Bio Diversity told them they were doing a great job.

was good to hear first hand what's happening with the frogs and toads at the USFWS.

--

January 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jim504

Hi joe,thanks for attending for us all,I for one have one main concern,if the agenda riddled wacko's finally get their way land grabbing,will we all as miners still be able to claim and or excersize our rights mining or any outdoor activitys under the 1872 act? Or are we still getting screwed any way,it's just a matter of time? And if they get their way and you have a claim in any of the proposed protected areas,did we just loose them?........I have tons more concerns,but will we still have any rights?

jim

--

February 1, 2014 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

jim504 at February 1, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Hi joe,thanks for attending for us all,I for one have one main concern,if the agenda riddled wacko's finally get their way land grabbing,will we all as miners still be able to claim and or excersize our rights mining or any outdoor activitys under the 1872 act? Or are we still getting screwed any way,it's just a matter of time? And if they get their way and you have a claim in any of the proposed protected areas,did we just loose them?........I have tons more concerns,but will we still have any rights?

jim

dang jim you bring up alot of concerns that are VALID.

I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO SET UP A PROTEST ON CAPITOL HILL. 

ANY TAKERS!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

February 1, 2014 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.