Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Meeting information > AMRA to speak at Feb. Meeting

Rich68

Shannon Poe will be attending the upcoming meeting on February 6th, and will be speaking about his organization, American Mining Rights Association, or AMRA.

He is a proactive mining rights advocate, and is getting things done on the ground here in the Motherload area.

He is so dedicated to our fight, he has offered to share his claims with anyone willing to donate to the cause. And he's got some REALLY good claims! I'm sure he will speak about this at the meeting as well.

I think he is a big asset to our fight, and you should attend this months meeting!

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

January 31, 2014 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Richard,

I don't know what you are talking about with the claims, Shannon replied back to me/club and said he was no longer interested in sharing his claims to outside parties! Look at the reply I posted on your forum about AMRA and Shannon wanting to share his claims.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

January 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

What I'm talking about for sharing his claims, is that he is allowing people to mine on his current (and future) claims in exchange for a donation.

What was previously discussed was to partner up in ownership, but some of his members stepped up and donated the funds needed.

--

January 31, 2014 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Come to the meeting this Thursday and bring the subject up.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

January 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

OK so here goes, As I see it, AMRA offers a 1year membership from date of purchase (unlike a fishing liscence which is only good till the end of the current year) an oppurtunity to use their claims in exchange for a 200$ (tax deductible) fee, he then uses the money to help PLP2 fight the government. 

for what its worth it sounds like a great deal since these are not worked out claims and he has proven that their is good gold on them it appears to me to be a win win situation FOR the members that want to help the fight and get acess to some new good claims,

and also if i remember correctly when the club bought the 155 off of dennis it was a fairly new claim to prospect and we still pull good gold from there (hopefully now there will be alot of gold unlocked from the Rim fire erosion replenishing the river for our members that need easy acess to the river. 

my point is that when you get to work a claim that has not been included in mining circulations previousy you get an opportunity to go out  prospect and find a good take at some sort of ease, rather than go to an area that has been in publications for a decade or two or three.    

hope that helps out 

no disrespect meant to anyone just seemed like id clear up some confusion

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

January 31, 2014 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Not eveyone in the club can afford 200 dollars :( , and I'd feel badly if the whole club could not freely participate. I hope Gary has other ideas to bring to the club too.

--

" :)"

January 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I do like that most of the Claims are near Coulterville :) I have to see if I have some moola for this...

--

January 31, 2014 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

It sounds like a membership pitch to join AMRA....Not that that's a bad idea or anything but as Robyn pointed out, 200 bucks for a year might be too pricey for some. 

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

January 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Best to have him explain things, but here are a few thing that he's been working on.

He has talked to the 'lady in charge' that closed off the area where many of our claim are (because he also has a claim in the area), and is trying to get the road(s) opened/accessible for claim owners.

He has spoken to several sherriffs about dredging, and has been told by a couple of them that they will NOT pursue enforcing the moratorium.

Again, he is FIGHTING FOR OUR RIGHTS, and could use our help. He is coming to speak to us to tell us how we can join in the fight.

Yes, you can pay $200 to access HIS claims for a year, but that is just something he is offering to get more money to PLP to fund the several lawsuits that are currently in progress.

If you wan't more information about AMRA, you can find them on Facebook, or on the internet. (American Mining Rights Association).

--

January 31, 2014 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I checked my finances and can't afford it, unfortunately, but I do hope Gary has other news for us and that the meeting doesn't turn into a long rant :(  Erich and I can't come out very often due to his work and the distance, and we've gone over miners rights many times. We don't disagree, but Shannon Poe would be preaching to the converted already, it really all comes down to his wanting money that Erich and I don't have right now. I hope he doesn't take up too much time, I'd rather listen to Gary and the other Club Officers and members.

--

February 1, 2014 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

"Yes, you can pay $200 to access HIS claims for a year, but that is just something he is offering to get more money to PLP to fund the several lawsuits that are currently in progress." 

Personally i think its a great idea and im glad that the money is being used to fight on OUR behalf...

I understand that the club is not going into business with AMRA

For those that have a little extra and want some new places to prospect and might need a tax deduction this is a good idea.

You have to go as far as everybody else goes and keep going!

Here's to having nothing in your pockets, and a head full of hope,”

--

J.Osgood

EBP

February 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Maybe we should plan on an extended meeting this month since there seems to be a lot of important stuff to talk about this time around. :|

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

February 1, 2014 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Well if it wasn't such a long drive for me , I would attend the meeting.  I personally am going to join AMRA and think those that can afford it do also.  I hope all remember he is on our side!  Steve if you could ask him for me please, "as a member of AMRA, can we have a guest or 2 with us when we visit a claim"? Also, since there will be many EBP members joining, "would it be possible to have a club outing a few times a year"? I wouldn't mind meeting up with some EBP members as my guest if it will be allowed. Ty for letting me voice my opinion. I hope the meeting turns out to be very informative for all and as the club in whole. I posted some pics of the Bottom Digger i just received, looks good and i will have it to look at at the S. Yuba outing.

--

"nobody ever drowned himself in his own sweat"

February 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I like Wyatt's suggestions, and will probably contribute mid February when I have the cash :)

--

February 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I wish I had the AMRA cash for Thursday's meeting, I have the fever bad...

--

February 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

As a AMRA member i did find out, we can take one guest with us to our claims. I haven't got to talk to Shannon yet so i don't know if an outing or two would be possible? Once you join and can see the claims i think it will be more than worth it join and help the cause.. I will be planning my first 3-5 day outing in March!!!

--

February 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

Wyattearp at February 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM

As a AMRA member i did find out, we can take one guest with us to our claims. I haven't got to talk to Shannon yet so i don't know if an outing or two would be possible? Once you join and can see the claims i think it will be more than worth it join and help the cause.. I will be planning my first 3-5 day outing in March!!!

Make it a 5 day trip!  You are driving from Reno!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

February 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

I probably will maybe longer LOL. this retirement is hard to take you know! I might hit several claims see if i can get ahold of Rick in Groveland and see if he and wayne want to go find some yellow stuff... If anyone knows how to get ahold of Hurthawk please let me know.. I don't lol

--

February 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

PM him on this forum;

or email him "rick shelby" [email protected]

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

February 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Thank You Pucky, see you at the outing if your coming.. keep the yellow stuff coming! Ron

--

February 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.