Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > **BREAKING NEWS**BEAR RIVER SATURDAY 2/8**

-Ramos
Administrator

Hello All,

As announced at last night's club meeting, Christen Ayers of KPIX CH 5 will be coming out prospecting with us Saturday 2/8 at Bear River Day Use area.   

Yes we know it may be raining.  Yes we know it may be cold.   Rain or shine please be there to show support for the club.  Please be there by 9:00am

Directions to Bear River 

From the Bay Area:

Take I-80 East out of Auburn. About 12 miles past Auburn you will exit on Exit #133 (Canyon Way exit). Turn left on Placer Hills Rd and follow it for around 1- 1.5 miles until you come to Plumtree Rd. Turn right on Plumtree Rd. and follow it down to the river. As soon as you get to the first parking lot on the river, you have arrived. Please look for the canopy and banner. Come early, stay late, and most of all have a great time.

Alternately

The way to Bear River. I-80 East from Auburn. Take the West Weimar Crossroads exit. Go north over the overpass 1.5 miles to Placer Hills Rd. Turn right and go 2.5 miles to Plum Tree Rd. Turn left ,campground is at the bottom.

Our original directions are above, take your pick.....

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

February 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

guess i should buy some rain gear

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

February 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Well,  was just contacted and unfortunately due to weather, KPIX will not be able to make it.   

But some of us ARE still going regardless.   see you there if you can make it.

--

-Ramos

February 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Thanks Ramos for the update.  Ireene and I are going to cancel we were going for the show of  support. Let us know when they reschedule   Janet 

--

February 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

I think I'll be waiting out the storm and go on Monday or Tuesday, whichever is the driest. I'll work the holes you guys started!! ;) 

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

February 7, 2014 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator
Gary and I are here. No snow but rain. Beautiful day for mining ;)
--

-Ramos

February 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jim504

-Ramos at February 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Gary and I are here. No snow but rain. Beautiful day for mining ;)

Get gold guys?! or get cold? hehe :)

--

February 9, 2014 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

My truck is loaded and I'm headed for the Bear in the A.M.. I wonder If I'll be able to work the area we were in on our last outing. I expect to see the river up some. I'll report when I get home....I'll post pics too! :)

--

February 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Wish I could have made it to Bear before the rain came...

--

Joel

February 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

What a beautiful day to be out prospecting!! I ran my wipers, on and off, most of the way up to the bear, but once I got there it was nice out. The river was off color but not that high. I didn't need rubber gloves because the river wasn't that cold. I stopped at Pioneer on my way up to pick up a blue bowl so I'll be playing with it tomorrow. I know I got some color and I guess the bowl will show me how much tomorrow!! I'll be posting some pics when I process my cons. :)   

--

February 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Hey Syeve that day i went made it before they closed and also bought me a blue bowl. I won't try it out for awhile have to run to Vegas and then Bullhead City so mama can see the grand-daughter. Then the Nascar race in Vegas 1st week of March. Then i will be back to Reno, then headed to the North Yuba for 2-3 days! I am going up to our AMRA claim hope its good... Take care, Ron

--

"nobody ever drowned himself in his own sweat"

February 10, 2014 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George M

Steve at February 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

What a beautiful day to be out prospecting!! I ran my wipers, on and off, most of the way up to the bear, but once I got there it was nice out. The river was off color but not that high. I didn't need rubber gloves because the river wasn't that cold. I stopped at Pioneer on my way up to pick up a blue bowl so I'll be playing with it tomorrow. I know I got some color and I guess the bowl will show me how much tomorrow!! I'll be posting some pics when I process my cons. :)   

Was at Bear today all day. Water level is good for sluicing. Water is the same color as the background of this post. Got some color so i'm happy. :) My back is another matter :(

--

February 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.