Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > Sticky: October 2014 Bear River Group Campground

Sourdough Joe

Hello All,

Our club has reserved the Bear River Group Campground for the nights of 10 thru 13 October 2014. Participants of this long weekend event will be able to check-in after 2 PM on Friday, 10 Oct 14, and check-out before noon on 14 Oct 14.

Thanks to Tina and Fred Goodwin, Dale Myer, and Mario SanDiego for making the reservation calling so much easier. And, Thanks to Dale Myer for getting the event on the calendar.

Same as last year there will be a Saturday Potluck. our club will be voting at mtg whether to provide cooked meats, drinks, and plasticware, plates and napkins. attendees bring a sidedish or dessert. BYOB for imbibers.

Different from last year, the cost will be $10 for one night, $20 for two nights, and $30 for three and four nights. this cost is to offset  what the club has paid to the county for insurance and the site, it is good for two adults and all minor miners, per camping spot. Variations can be figured out at the time, on site.

A common operation for adults, and separately for kids are being considered, need input from you all as to what you'd like to do. Aldo possible -- metal detecting hunt, with prizes.

let us know your constructive ideas.

thanks, sourdough joe

--

March 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Me and the kiddo will be there again this year.  He still talks about this trip with all his friends! :)

--

Joel

March 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ivan

James and I will also be going to the outing. This we will be more prepared for the cold evenings and mornings. Plus we will be there the whole weekend this time to m hopefully get some good gold.

--
March 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Yup, we will be more prepared for the cold / wet weather also! : ) 

Maybe by then, we'll have confirmation of a 12v pump being allowed to run a power sluice!

--

Joel

March 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

I'll be there for the full 4 days. Joel, Robyn posted a news video showing someone using a cube at the Bear so I think that shows it's ok.

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

March 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

*Bump*  I plan on most days.  Most likely leave late Sunday.

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

May 16, 2014 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

I am also planning on being there the 4 days!

--

"nobody ever drowned himself in his own sweat"

May 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

With a fire permit, that allows us to use a propane BBQ grill right?

--

Joel

September 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Please visit the new thread on the new website and/or view current details on the Club Events tab on the homepage.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

September 8, 2014 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.