Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Call to Action Email Blast 4/25/14

DaleMyer
Administrator

The following email blast went out tonight, Friday 4/25/14. A copy is posted in case you don't get the email. Please post below whether you received it or not and if/when you called the congressmen so we can tell how well the email blast is working.
***************************************************************************************

Mr. Shannon Poe of the American Mining Rights Association is a very proactive mining rights advocate. Recently on the AMRA website or Facebook page, a call for action went out. We are forwarding that call for action to the membership of EBP.

Call to action:

"This is a copy of the PowerPoint presentation we sent to Congressman McClintock and Congressman Denham outlining the issues we are facing with the Stanislaus National Forest road closures and the blocking of access to mining claims and camping areas....."

We need your help to convince these men to investigate this serious issue.

To EBP members: We are asking you take 2 minutes out of your day to call these two Congressmen and tell them you are against the closures to our forest roads (and our claim access) and that we need the to take up this issue. Tell them you agree with the AMRA presentation. Don't just read this.......CALL THEM, please. You will likely get an intern that records pros and cons on all issues so you won't be asked details but it's very important that many of our voices are heard!

Tell them to investigate the Rim Fire public land closures sent to them by American Mining Rights Association.

McClintock: (916) 786 5560

Denham: (209) 579-5458

Please post on on website that you got this message and if you made the calls. The big dredging court case (unrelated but has to do with our rights) starts May 1st so PLEASE be heard by the congressmen that represent the area where we are shut out of our claims.

Thanks for helping save our mining rights!

Dale Myer

Website Admin
East Bay Prospectors

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

April 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Thank you Dale and yes everyone needs to make the call, its is gonna take numbers, then just maybe then they will listen... We can't give up, then whats next?

--

"nobody ever drowned himself in his own sweat"

April 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PJV

Thanks Dale. Called first thing this morning.

--

Paul

April 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

blind bob

Thankx Dale  called and added some other stuff also.

April 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Unless your in this club for name only, we have 1121 members, it would be nice too, at least get 10% to call.... We all know it would be a far stretch to get 100%... I'm sorry but i am sick of this administration period...

--

April 29, 2014 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Dale,

i did not get the email blast.  i did call McClintock's and Denham's offices and registered my concern about lack of access to our claims in the Stanislaus Forest due to the Rim Fire, and urged them to put more pressure on the Forest Service to open the areas for our mining claims.

--

May 1, 2014 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim L.

Is this a California Legistrature thing or would people form other states calling their House reps help?

May 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

Yes, Tim I am in Nevada and public lands are just that.  I have claims in Calif and have a right to access them..  I called and wasn't asked where i was from..Go for it!

--

May 1, 2014 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.