Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: Transitioning to our new website........

DaleMyer
Administrator

We announced at the meeting tonight (June meeting) that the transition is beginning to our new website. The new platform will solve many problems including mass emailing. This site will stay up for as long as necessary until we get folks moved over and we move any content that we wish to bring along like the photo gallery which I'm not quite sure which option we'll select to use. The main thing is to get over to the new site, log on to the forums and get used to the new format. The new forums are VBulletin which is the most commonly used forum software so it may look familiar. Along with it being the most popular.... many foreign spammers try to log on and post spam for sale. So....to be able to post in the new forums, you must registerand you will be asked an "anti-spammer" security question when you register. It should be a no brainer for you experienced miners! Since the spammers don't know about this site, I'll give you a.... HINT: Read the mining glossary on the left menu.   We expect some growing pains but grin and bear it.  Thanks!  Dale

www.ebprospectors.com

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

June 6, 2014 at 2:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg Arend

Hey Dale, I spoke to you at the meeting on Thursday. I am really interested in maybe going in with someone on the purchase of a claim. Do you know of anyone with one for sale?    Greg Arend

June 7, 2014 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I can't get the 5 letter lower case word to register, I must be in sleep mode or something lol

--

" :)"

June 8, 2014 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Halp I can't register at our new website!

--

" :)"

June 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wyattearp

I have tried logging in at the new site and none of my info is working? It asks to answer a question that I didn't put.. So I can't answer it.. Do we register again and have to make up a new name, etc..?

--

"nobody ever drowned himself in his own sweat"

June 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

@Wyattearp - You can keep your Username. Check your mail for a private message.

@Robyn - Check for a PM.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

June 9, 2014 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

@Greg, don't know of any right this momemt. You might have better luck if you post your question under a new thread. This thread is for transitioning to the new website. Also, try loggong into the new site and start a post asking your question under the general forum.

Dale

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

June 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

I edited the top post to help folks that can't get past th security word. Sorry for any delays caused but this will keep foreign spammers from gaining easy access.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

June 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

I finally got around to signing up and into the new sight. I am #20. So far, so good! Good work Dale...

June 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

We're up to 40 users on the new site! Keep'em coming! Feel free to post the same message on both sites as we move over. Also, use the contact me info or help section on either site to find my help email address if you are having trouble registering on the new site. If you don't complain or rag me for issues, I can't fix them! Moving to something new is always a challenge but we have outgrown this site and you need to move over like it or not. Yes there will be some bugs but, again, I can't fix them or help you unless you let me know there's an issue!! Again feel free to post here but please cut and paste your post to the new site as well.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

July 11, 2014 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

@RobynM  I don't see you on the new site and haven't received any PM's. Send me a message here if and where you are having trouble registering on the new site.

FYI to all.... you can go to the new site www.ebprospectors.com and get to the home page to look around. The only place you need to register is if you are a member or want to join and that is by going to the forum section.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

July 11, 2014 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

im sorry to say that as much as ilove the idea of the new site 

its much easier to read the threads, message people, and post or research topics on this/the old site. that being said i know there are reasons for begining the new site. I am going to follow along and have to figure out how to navigate the new site but all in all its a great look and seems more like other gpaa/ mining club forums.

seems more secure, but has lost its look as being open and inviting. good bad or ugly its progress and im happy to see the club progress

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

September 11, 2014 at 3:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Always hard to change from something comfortable. From my view, the new forums are common to many other forum sites as we are using the most commonly used (non-free$) forum software. There's the one "new posts" button that let's you see every new post since your last visit. And, we will no longer have six different users with the screen name "Bob".

Next, we now have a reliable emailing capability. This seemed to be what everybody wanted.

I'm still tweaking the home page as it isn't 100% of what i was shooting towards. Most members go straight to the forums anyway so the homepage got a lower priority. Our original (old) site served us well but has such limited admin tools we were forced to update.

Good, bad or ugly, I appreciate the constructive feedback.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

September 11, 2014 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.