Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > June Tuolumne Bend / Lumsden Outing

Dan

I'm planning to go to the Tuolumne Bend / Lumsden outing saturday, and was going to scuba down to the bottom of the deep hole, and bring up buckets of gravel to run through a highbanker. My highbanker is gas powered, will that be OK to use there? It'll be wet-to-wet (as SourJoe says) so I think I should be OK. I was also going to use the blaster hose attachment to clear away the gravel and get closer to the bedrock. Is this OK to do?

--
June 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Using a Highbanker at Tuolumne Bend is OK. If you are planning to use the blast hose please make sure it is in the water when activated and kept underwater when its on. If you were to bring the hose up while its on, someone might think you are trying to Hydraulic mine!

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

June 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dan

No problem controlling the blast hose Gary, thanks!!!

June 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

hydraulic mining is blasting away the hill side. If you have a hose spraying in the air your playing in the water. not illeagle to play with a water hose!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

June 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

hydraulic mining is blasting away the hill side. If you have a hose spraying in the air your playing in the water. not illeagle to play with a water hose!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

June 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

tzig

trying to find out if I can go along with someone, or if not, some more specific info on the map area... thanks 

June 12, 2014 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

@tzig,

Did you see the map info posted under "Events..." on the left sidebar menu? And are you asking to be a hitchhiker with someone? Post here again specifically if you are looking to hitch-hike and what area yoo in so people will know if they are in position to help out.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

June 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tzig

In Pittsburg, ca, but can drive and give ride if someone is interested.

June 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tzig

Will try driving up myself as no takers. Hope to see a few of the group there. 

June 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

I haven't seen one report or photo for the Tuolumne Bend outing.............Did it even happen??????????? :/

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

June 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Steve,

yes, it happened. Blind Bob and i arrived about 7:50 AM.

a couple folks were there already and more showed up later. confirmed with the Forest Service person that we were mining.

i did not have my camera......

--

June 19, 2014 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Now that we have our foot in the door maybe it will help get us back into the rest of the forest!! How did the members do on the gold? 

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

June 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.