Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Wild and Scenic

PJO

Does wild and scenic designation stop all future claims? SB 1199 so far has been defeted but push is on to pass so remaining portion of river is designated wild and scenic. Way I readit no mining allowed on wild and scenic rivers?? You cant change or disturb water flow??? Any one know for sure. Thanks in advance

June 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

It all depends on where the Wild and Scenic starts and ends!

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

June 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Way to be vague there Gary!

It actually depends on the Designation. There are different 'levels' of Wild and Scenic, and you need to know which it is.

It has been a few years since I did any research on it, but I think if you do a USFS search for the particular one you are looking at, it will let you know what level of restrictions there are.

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

June 23, 2014 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Here they are, On October 2, 1968, President Johnson signed the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, ... The Act provides three levels of protection: wild, scenic, and recreational.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

June 23, 2014 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PJO

Thanks all for the information.

Reason I am asking is the last stretch of Mokelumne is working its way thru for aproval. My basic understanding is you cant change the water flow in any way, which will put a dent in mining?? Still reading and trying to learn

June 24, 2014 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PJO

Reading Title 43 Sec 19.8, it ref in Editorial note the part 3327 and 3638. I cant find?? Any one know there way around? Seems they were replaced or moved between 1964-1972??. If found please send me a copy at  [email protected] thanks

June 25, 2014 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.