Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Great Discussions

DaleMyer
Administrator

Lot of great discussions happening here..... Please start posting them on the new website!  We're up to 34 members there.  I just created a photo gallery forum there so please feel free to test it out and let me know if it will work out vs. going to a separate piece of gallery software. Many other clubs using the VB (Vbulletin) type forums simply use a forum for their photo gallery. I'll be testing a new email system that should be rock solid when we need to blast out info so please get cut over asap!

www.ebprospectors.com 

If you can't figure out the security question, meant to keep out foreign spammers, feel free to review the mining glossary on this site or the new site for some help.

Thanks,

Dale

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

June 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

I posted there, but YOU have to approve it.

Is there a way that those of us that AREN'T spammers can bypass the 3 posts rule (or whatever it is) ?

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

June 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Your post is there without my approval. Not sure what you mean or what you saw when you posted. I'll delete the greenhorn name. Thought is was a good way to get people posting. It was 3 posts and your title changes to "member". Now everybody cuts over as member.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

June 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

My post is still missing.

Or at least I cannot see it.

It should be in the "Mining and Public Access Politics" category. Still shows that there are NO posts in there.

Can ANYBODY ELSE see it or not see it? (someone please chime in here to help trouble shoot this.)

--

June 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Rich, It's not there. I'm having issues with the new site as well. Maybe we need to stay here!!

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

June 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

@Rich, it should be there now. Not sure why posts are allow elsewhere but there was a setting for yes/no for html which means the link might have triggered moderation from admin. I turned it to "yes" from no so hopefully that's all it was. The Vbulletin forum software is the #1 forum software out there. You need to keep up with the feedback when things don't work because it's also very complex on my side compared to the old site.

@Steve, I'll try the photo forum asap. We have different software but I'm trying to keep things simple. Also, I'm re-wiring an 8 unit apartment complex in Hayward that burned half way down. Eight electrical panels and eight different "needs" in the various units. The sheetrockers started today in the end with the least damage that I already prepped. I still have a day or two worth of work on the toasted end so I haven't had extra time to spend on the website. That being said, we launched it knowing my time is tight so we could start working out the bugs.

@ EVERYBODY........ Try the new site and let me know what works and what doesn't work! I can't fix it if I don't know what's broke. 

Thanks,

Dale

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

June 30, 2014 at 11:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Thanks Dale for getting my post 'visible'! :)

--

July 1, 2014 at 1:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Agreed with Dale, I've created and maintained a few forums and the new forum format is much easier to maintain once its up and going.

--

Joel

July 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.