Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Mining equipment and products > Hogpan

Steve

Well, I just ordered a new hogpan from Doc at Gold Hog Mining today. It's going to take a 1/4 oz. or so of gold to pay for it, and I don't believe I found that much all year, but I haven't bought a new toy in a while so I figured... what the hell!! Now if I can just win that wheel the club is auctioning off I'd be set!! :P  

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

July 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stormscrambler

looks really cool, i like the idea of using a water tube to do sampling away from the creek too 

--

i would rather sleep out side :D

July 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

If it works half as good as advertised it might replace my sluice. I like the Idea of not relying on proper flow and I always classify to 1/4 inch. I'm getting older and slower now-a-days so not having to classify and mess with a sluice should relate to more production. I always bring my cons home to process anyway. I was a little concerned about buying something I haven't been able to check out for myself but it's a gold hog product and Doc knows what he's doing.

--

July 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene

Steve, please let us know how it works!

July 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Been watching the videos on the Hogpan and it looks like a great idea, especially when you cannot get  good water flow.

I don't like all the bending, a raised tub would be great! : )

--

Joel

July 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Steve, did you get a chance to run your Hogpan?  How was it?

--

Joel

July 21, 2014 at 10:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Joel, It seemed to work okay but the lower trap portion would fill and leave some of the smaller fine particles up in the dump section. If the lower section actually acts as a fluid bed than the heavies should drop through but how can I be sure? I'm going to do some control testing here at the house to see how it actually does once the bottom trap is full.

--

July 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Thanks for the information Steve.  Hope it ends up working great for you, waiting on your review to see if it makes it onto Santa's list for me : )

--

Joel

July 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.