Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > eastern sierra rock and gem trip planned open invitation

Jere-Miner

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a good summer and finding lots of that yellow stuff. Rachel and I have some friends getting married in Mammoth Lakes, Ca on the 13th of September. We will be staying near the historic town of Benton on Saturday the 13. On Sunday and Monday the 14&15 we will be headed down towards Lone Pine and independence to go hunting old tailing piles. camp for two days and maybe float the Owens river on the 16th and relax and hunt more or head to the museum to search old maps for a new place to hunt. On the 17th we will head towards the historic Ghost town of Bodie, by way of Dog Town, and the Walker River. We will be soaking in hot springs under the stars at night and looking for turquiose, quart and calcite crystals, Opal, Chalcedony, GOLD!!!!, Travertine, Flint, and Bottles. We will also be taking advantage of the Amazing trout fishing that the Eastern Sierras is famous for.

Highway 120 OR 108 TO 395 WILL GET YOU THERE. I AM GOING BACK TO SPOTS I HAVE BEEN TO BEFORE AND FOUND AMAZING Rocks and crystals

If this sounds like your type of gig than feel free to contact me through message or by phone. Rachel and I will be documenting the trip and will have a beautiful report for you all upon our return.

we have just added on one more spot called the sparkplug mine for sunday the 14th

any one is invited to tag along or meet us there.

please call if you want to meet uo its easier that way. 2092257786

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

September 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.