|Forum Home > General Discussion > December 2014 Copy of Email Blast Meeting Info and Reminder|
This is a copy of the email blast that went out to all registered members on the new website, Sunday evening 11/30 approx. 6pm.
General Meeting this Thursday, Dec. 4th at 7PM
Concord, CA. November 31, 2014 - This meeting reminder is again being sent via our new email service that should forever fix the old website's lack of emailing capabilities. Please forward this email to anybody you know that hasn't yet registered on the new website forums.
We'll be discussing several important topics listed below in random order:
* The 2015 outing locations and schedule.
* The Christmas Potluck
* Any legal updates available at meeting time
* Since our Dec fundraiser raffle will be a big one held at the potluck, the Dec meeting raffle is usually scaled down. This year, we're asking folks to donate items for the meeting raffle to supplement the event. Got something decent laying around that somebody might like to win? Please consider bringing it as a donation to the Dec meeting raffle!
* President Sourdough Joe's idea to respond to the call to action by having a letter signing event (party) at the EJ Phair pub at Todos Santos Plaza last Tuesday went semi-virial given the short notice. The event generated FIFTY signed letters not counting folks that sent their own letters. UPI members joined us to help push back on the state's latest move to reverse the publication of the Superior Court decision in the People v. Rinehart case which was the subject of our successful letter campaign at the October meeting.
* Christmas Potluck - details are posted on the general forum where we are taking sign ups, who's coming and bring what dish etc. Sign-ups are skinny! We know more people are coming so please log-on and sign-up! Remember our canned food drive will be going on too.
We know many can't attend the General meeting due to distance, work or other reasons. If you can't attend but would like to give you input, please post on the new website under the monthly meeting forum so people can mull over your inputs before the meeting or forever hold your peace.
Just a reminder, to get these email updates, you need to be registered in the new forums with a valid email address.
Mark your calendars for the following:
January General Meeting - Thursday Jan 8th
Hope to see you Thursday!
Our monthly meetings are on the first Thursday of each month at 7PM.
(Second Thursday if the first is a Holiday)
Our meeting location:
First Presbyterian Church - Fireside Room
1965 Colfax Street
Concord, CA Time: 7PM to 9PM
Please don't park in the church parking due to choir practice being on the same nights we meet.
There is a FREE parking garage on Salvio across the street from the entry gate to the patio outside the room.
Dale "Bear" Myer