Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > sluicing the confluence at auburn calif.

SCORPIOTOYOU

WELL I HAD TIME TO GET OUT AND IT DIDNT TAKE LONG TO GET WERE I NEEDED, DOWN HWY 80 TO AUBURN CALIF... ALONG THE WAY I STARTED TO DAY DREAM A LITTLE AS THE MIST WAS HOVERING OVER THE FREEWAY, WITH OUT WARNING OF COURSE A DEER JUMPED OVER A FIVE FOOT DIVIDER WALL AS I WAS RIDING THE LEFT LANE AND I NOTICED IT ABOUT 50 YARD OUT, THE DAME THING DIDNT MOVE? AS I GOT NEAR IT STARTED TO TIP TOE TO THE RIGHT, BUT BY NOW I WAS ABOUT 25 YARD AWAY,,IT TURNED AT ME JUST LIKE THE ROAD RUNER AND DID A LITTLE HOPE AND A BIG JUMP JUST AS I WAS ABOUT 10 FEET AWAY AND LUCKLY IT CLEARED THE CAR AND ALL WAS WELL , EXCEPT ME I WAS YELLING AND HEART POUNDING PLUS MY COFFE WAS SPILD TOO. ERRR!

WELL ON TO THE CONFLUENCE . I ARRIVED ABOUT 6 45AM AND STARTED MY VIDEO, TOOK SOME PICS AND JUMPED BACK INTO THE CAR TO FIND A SPOT TO PARK. MISSION DONE. I UNPACKED AND LOOKED AT THE MIST AND LIGHT CLOUD HOVERING JUST UNDER THE MOUNTAIN RIDGE AND PRAYED FOR SUN.

SOO DOWN I WENT , ALONG THE NORTH FORK AND SCOUTED FOR BED ROCK TO SNIPE FOR CREVICE GOLD. FOUND A SPOT AND WORKED IT OUT . FOUND 6/ PICKERS AND A LITTLE FLOUR GOLD. HAD TO PAN MOST OF IT OUT BECOUSE THE WATER WAS NOT MOVEING AT ALL ON THE NORTH FORK.. DECIDED TO TURN AROUND AND HEAD UP THE MIDDLE FORK JUST A HOPE AND A SKIP AWAY.. AND FOUND ANOTHER SPOT TO WORK.

THE RIVER WAS MOVEING AT ITS NORMAL RUSH, RANDY YOU KNOW HOW FAST IT MOVES..SAME THING. SET UP MY SLUICE ON A ROCK DAM I SET UP AND STARTED TO FILL MY BUCKETS UP WITH LOOSE SAND AND GRAVEL FROM AROUND SOME BRUSH ROOTS . IT PAYED OFF. THE FLOUR FLOOD GOLD STARTED TO SHOW AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPYER. BY NOW IT WAS LUNCH, YUM? TRAIL MIX AND BEEF JERKY.

TALKED WITH THE GIRL FREIND FOR A WHILE , SHE HAD TO WORK SO I WAS ON MY OWN, DARN IT. BUT I PUT IN ANOTHER 3 HOURS AND A TOTAL OF 16 BUCKETS OF MIX THROUGH MY SLUICE AND I WAS DONE. ME BACK SAID NO MORE..LOL AND MY KNEES WERE NOT TO FARE BEHIND.

CLEAN UP AND PACKED UP I WORKED MY WAY BACK TO THE CAR, ( HOBBLE HOBBLE ) JUST AS I WAS GOING TO PACK UP I NOTICED A FELLOW PROSPECTER PACKING UP HIS GEAR, ON THE BACK OF HIS JIMMY. HE WAS ABOUT 60+ AND HIS WIFE CAME TOO BABY SITTING THE TWO DOGS AS I GREETED THEM, AFTER ABOUT 20 MINS I HAD A GREAT TALK ABOUT PROSPECTING , THEY WERE ON A 8 DAY TRIP UP AND DOWN CALIF, AS I FINISHED TALKING HE GAVE ME A FEW TIPS ON THE AREA AND SAID HE WORK THE RIVER HERE FOR ABOUT 30 YEARS ON AND OFF. THEY WERE DONE ON VACATION AND WERE HEADING BACK UP NORTH. LUCKY PEOPLE..LOL

ANYWAY I MADE IT BACK HOME AND TODAY FISHED MY CLEAN UP .. I DID GOOD. 0.44 OF A GRAM. NOT BAD. I POSTED THE VIDEO TRIP REPORT ON YOU TUBE, AND I WILL POST THE VIDEOS HERE TOO SO TAKE A LOOK IF YOU WISH, ANYWAY HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND PROSPECTING!

November 11, 2009 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Thank you for the report!

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

November 11, 2009 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

komodo

awesome

--

taking the right path is'nt always easy, but its always right.  (: Please dont lick my rocks:)

November 11, 2009 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Not So Lazy Anymore Prospector

We've been there rock collecting before.. didn't even think of trying for gold!  Hmmmmm..   I was just talking about that place a few days ago with the hubs!

November 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.