Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > where is the gold

komodo

ok,so let me get this straight,there is not much gold in the overburden but on the bedrock right, so i should keep working this place untill i get to bedrock wich doesnt look that deep.On average i'm getting 3 or 4 flakes per pan,is that good

thanks for the help the hubby

--

taking the right path is'nt always easy, but its always right.  (: Please dont lick my rocks:)

November 23, 2009 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

komodo

Hay, has anybody ran into a man named curt at the bear river?  He has a pan that he makes, kinda like a rocker box, has anyone seen it?  I think this is what we need for the some what dry creek we are working.  Just wondering.  How are the rocker boxes anyway, and do you think  $100.00 is to much to pay?  I do apperciate the fact that its home made, I like to do buisness that way, love to see the little guy get a head.

Thanks for your time

Oh

----HAPPY TURKEY DAY-----

The wife

--

taking the right path is'nt always easy, but its always right.  (: Please dont lick my rocks:)

November 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SCORPIOTOYOU

if you get to bed rock and work it for some time and dont get anything to really talk about i would move on, its just like dredging, no show/ must go!

November 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

komodo

but there is pickers somewhere. Dont know if it washed out of the banks or if its in the bedrock. This place is so spotty its rediculas.  We can get a picker in the first shovel from just anywhere, then look for the rest of the day and get very little, or the next day get a lot of falke but nothing else. I dont know. the bedrock looks sooo good, its on private property, and has only been worked by one other guy. He said it was on the bedrock.

Looking at the lr2000 it is below an old placer claim, and diamond mine no to far, so what if it was just tailing gold or if it washed down from the old claim.  I dont know, where do i start.  Lots of nice crystals too bigest one i ever found.

Any help is appericated.

Komodo

--

November 26, 2009 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SCORPIOTOYOU

i would say if it is just wash gold, just enjoy the day out and what you found. but if the is a mine near i would work the same side as it. sooner or later your going to find were that gold holds up if it is coming from there. thats how the 40,ers found load deposits that eventualy gave way to tunnel mines.

i dont think it matters to much if there is a old placer claim there , if the river runs through it, its just passing the same gold along that gets wash to it too.

crystel huh? thats a great sign for load deposits/ tunnel mines.  if you get lucky at finding it i would really check the area, and if you dont find anything well people buy crystel too!...lol

keep working the area you will figure it out .

November 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

komodo

cool thanks for the advice and maybe we should hook up sometime thank you

the hubby

--

November 27, 2009 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.