Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Bear River in July

Eric
Site Owner

So with the wife out of town, a day off and nothing to do, I packed up lunch and my digging equipment and headed up to the Bear River. I was happy to see that the water level was still really high. I did meet up with a fellow EBP member named Don..??? I'm pretty sure that's right ""sorry"" we swapped out some stories, and the dig was on. Well my day was cut really short due heat exhaustion. It wasn't that hot, BUT I forgot my hat and when your bald, it's pretty rough. I worked the same spot I had been working for a year now...I did come up with my first Bear River "micro picker." Not a flake, not a nugget, but big enough to pick it up! I can't believe how big the holes have become out there in a year, it was hard to navigate to the water to work the dirt. All in all I ran my cons thru my blue blue, got some color, and some color on my head..had a great day.

--

JUST KEEP DIGGING

July 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I think Im going back up that way next month, that is August...8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

July 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

i would love to meet you up there scotty. ill bring the keystone !

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

July 14, 2010 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I think it's the 8th and 9th, I'll let you know more as the time gets closer....    K  8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

July 15, 2010 at 1:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

diverrick

Is there any solid evidence that the gold is more pletiful on the other side of the river?  makes sense in the fact that Less folks work that side., but aside from that it seems a pretty straight run of river, at least at the campground.  I would be willing to cross if it was worth the effort.  I have so far stayed on the roadway side.

July 16, 2010 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Goldfever Dave

diverrick at July 16, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Is there any solid evidence that the gold is more pletiful on the other side of the river?  makes sense in the fact that Less folks work that side., but aside from that it seems a pretty straight run of river, at least at the campground.  I would be willing to cross if it was worth the effort.  I have so far stayed on the roadway side.

i was up their in july i could wade across it from the camp ground   i never been over on big side of bear but  get into some good bedrock should find some good gold i know i took some samples with my gold sand pump got lot black sand  lot real fine  speacks gold in the black sand i will be up their sat  but i say its worth going on other side  i have talk to few of local the 1 guy use get 1/2 a day up 2 yrs ago  doing dredging with 5 in  dredge him i are going up to my claim in idaho  i did well up their  also we going get some claims on the yuba river

July 16, 2010 at 1:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jennifer Bristol

diverrick at July 16, 2010 at 12:54 AM

I worked the other side across the river from the campground last year, and found some good color. Flakes with some fine. It was a little rough for me going across since the river was thigh deep on me (knee high on someone taller), and a little fast.

I think it's about the same no matter which side you work, and you'll always find color.

July 21, 2010 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.