Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > American Cancer Society

BOBBY

To all my fellow prospectors:

As some of you know I am a recent cancer survivor. There are several other members in our club that are also survivors or fighting the fight. In an effort to help the cause, I am enrolled in the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY "RELAY FOR LIFE" in PLEASANT HILL, CA. I have a team. The name of my team (I am the captain) is Bobby's Friends. You can read about the event below. Any donation you make would help a needy cause. You can use the on line link below and type in my name and them just follow the instructions. As you know I'm not an out spoken person, so this is a hard thing for me to ask of you. The cause though is worth it. If you have any questions you can call me. You can also send a check if you like made payable to the "American Cancer Society". If the link is not there just search for American Cancer Society, events, relay for life, Pleasant Hill or zip 94523, then you can donate or if you want to get envolled you can join my team. Type in my name and it should pop up.

Thanks

Bobby Whitworth

3507 Thunderbird Dr

Concord, CA 94520-1528

925-682-1461

925-586-6443 CELL

American Cancer Society

Relay For Life

This year, I am helping save lives from cancer by taking part in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life in my community, and I’m hoping you will support me.

Each of us has our own reasons for caring about the fight against cancer … whatever your reasons, I hope you’ll choose to make a difference by making a donation online to support my efforts. I’m so grateful to have great people like you in my life who want to see an end to cancer in our lifetime. Together we can save lives.

As a donor to the American Cancer Society you can provide support to cancer patients and their families in the community. With your gift, the Society will be able to offer a broad range of essential programs and services at no cost to the recipient, such as:

Your $ helps fund Gift Coupons for our “tlc” product catalog provide women battling cancer with a wig or other personal care item.

Your $$ helps fund eight round trips to and from cancer-related appointments for patients in need.

Cancer patients sometimes need to travel long distances and stay away from home for long periods of time at their treatment location. Your $ helps fund seven nights of lodging near the patient’s treatment center.

Thank you, and I will keep you updated on my progress.

PS You can learn more about Relay For Life here.

With your support, the American Cancer Society can:

Help people stay well by helping them take steps to prevent cancer or detect it early, when it’s most treatable

Help people get well by being in their corner around the clock to guide them through every step of their cancer experience

Find cures by funding groundbreaking research that helps us understand cancer’s causes, determine how best to prevent it, and discover new ways to cure it

Fight back by working with lawmakers to pass laws to defeat cancer and rally communities worldwide to join the fight. For the men out there, if you haven't done it yet get your P.S.A. blood test.

Thanks again

Bobby

July 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Thanks for posting that Bobby!! I am very familiar with the cause, and am more than willing to help out!! How 'bout the rest of you folks?

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

July 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Done... keep up the good fight Bobby & best of luck in your goal

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

July 15, 2010 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BOBBY

Brian-Thank you. Your donation was more than I ever expected.  When I'm out doing the relay for life walk, your generous donation will be in my thoughts.

July 18, 2010 at 2:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BOBBY

Thank you!!!!   Two more donations to the ACS Relay For Life

July 21, 2010 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BOBBY

Thanks to all of you that have made on line donations.

July 31, 2010 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.