Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Coloma Gold Rush Live - Sat, Oct 9, 2010 - Sun, Oct 10, 2010

Eric
Site Owner

Hey prospectors...I would have forgot about this but it was brought up at the Delta Gold Diggers metting a couple nights ago....looks like it might be fun to do  :)

Coloma Gold Rush Live - Sat, Oct 9, 2010 - Sun, Oct 10, 2010

Coloma will be packed with images, sounds, and hands-on experiences dating back to the 1850s. Step back in time and experience the California Gold Rush. Live history tent encampments recreate Gold Rush history in this authentic setting. Attend talks about the gold discovery and Sutter's Mill. Visitors will enjoy live music, historic trade demonstrations and a merchants market. There will be gold panning contests for kids and adults as well as sawmill demonstrations and historic re-enactments so you can feel as if you are rubbing shoulders with the adventurers and historical figures who helped create the world-wide rush to California. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, in Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park. For more information call (530) 295-2170 or (530) 622-3470

--

JUST KEEP DIGGING

October 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jennifer Bristol

This was great fun to be at!

I traveled up from Columbia with a small band of Docents in 1850s outfits on Sunday, and was very impressed with their set up. I also learned a few more things about the people who discovered gold, too.

October 15, 2010 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

It would of been nice to have had a earlier notice; Next year!

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

October 15, 2010 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.