Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Post Reply
Forum Home > Monthly Meeting information > Meeting and Club Suggestions

-Ramos
Administrator
Posts: 326

Fellow Prospectors,


Our success is derived from you the members.   Please, if you have suggestions for club meetings, outtings, or other prospecting events,  please feel free to post here.

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

January 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator
Posts: 326

I apologize folks, I forgot the donated club suggestion box (from my wife Amy) at home for yesterday's meeting.   I did have a comment after the meeting I feel is noteworthy.   


Although we try our best to speak as loud as we can,  it was brought up that there ares still side-conversations and general buzz coming from the back (heating or A/C) which prevent others that may be hard-of-hearing to listen to the information up front.  


I ask, please save your conversations for the break and/or after the meeting.  In the future, those of us up front will strive to speak as loudly and clearly as possible.  Working together I hope we can mitigate this issue so all may hear the information presented.


We thank you for your cooperation.

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

February 4, 2011 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner
Member
Posts: 667

From Tim’s discussion last night I believe we should have sessions on: 1) setting up a high banker including a demonstration of proper water flow and what parts are needed, 2) how to change a highbanker into a boom ect 3) how to build a gravity dredge ect. I have been involved in highbanking twice and still would like to know more.

 

I believe we need to act on suggestions and not have them as an idea, my basis for this being a discussion that the club had on having a clinic on topographic map and compass reading, or orienteering that never happened to my knowledge. Another suggestion for topics would be a tutorial on using BLM’s geocommunicator to locate areas that an individual could go a test for gold.

 

If there are hesitation from members that feel they are not involved enough in the club to "volunteer", my advice is to become more involved if possible...as I have learned the most from getting involved.

 

I believe that as a whole, the club is doing great. One more suggestion is to not spend the money in the club fund on a 2500 or 3000 dollar claim when we only have 3400 in the kitty. Sure that is what it is being raised for but…Can’t we find places to claim? Considering that it is only about 300 to file a new claim, perhaps we, “the Claims Inspectors” should focus on finding new claims.

 

Also, I think a storage unit will deplete the money faster than it will go back in to the account. Did the gold auction at I bar that brought in 3000 dollars or so contribute to most of the clubs current fund? If the auction was the best fundraiser for the club, it seems to me that the club can’t actually afford to rent a storage unit on a monthly basis to put stuff in. I have not seen the treasurer’s report, so I am not sure what the income stream is on a monthly basis. If a storage unit will not be paid for with the monthly fundraisers, I think the club should use our current revenue to buy equipment and claims ect...

 

How about we ask the LDMA camp if we can set up a lockable shed on their property?

 

Thank you to our board members and others that keep this club running.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

February 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frank
Member
Posts: 3

I have been involed with five different Prospecting clubs and I believe the ownership of equipment by the club becomes a problem rather quickly. 1. There is always a need for storage, because once someone stores it they have to bring it to the functions, This gets old when the storage doesn't change hands often. 2. Once the equipment becomes working equipment the problem of repairs is brought up. If the equipment breaksdown who is liaible and is the beakdown due to no maintance or misuse. 3. There is always going to be someone who doesn't bring everthing back or forgets something on the stream bank. 4. Then there is the bad apple who just takes the equipment and moves to eygpt or some land of oz.

When you realize the club is out the equipment the sour apples start setting around fortelling how they could have used that money for a much wiser (wizer my ass they just spend their days moaning) use. Unfortunately this develops a rift anyways and now you have to deal with this for the next umpteen years.I vote we use the money for Claims(found or purchased) or quick gratification at Christmas Parties.

February 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky
Member
Posts: 1394

Frank; You are so correct; Club Equipment sharing has never worked out well in any club; Even a simple sluice has created problems! I am totally against that happening with anyChapter. Our members seem willing enough to share their stuff at our Outings and Meet-ups. It has worked for 2 years so far.

February 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky
Member
Posts: 1394

Ramos; Thanks for the reminder to all about the distractions at our meetings; After getting 4 e-mails and a few phone calls, I believe we will start utilizing a Microphone system at all meetings; That alone should help folks stay focust on what's being said and going on during the meetings.

February 7, 2011 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky
Member
Posts: 1394

Jerimiah; Good post and ideas; We started monthly Board Meetings to help speed up and free up our regular meetings so we can have "a clinic" each month; We are starting them after our March elections; Suggestions and volunteers are allways welcome; What do you suggest for April 7th? Any one else have any?

February 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner
Member
Posts: 667

Pucky at February 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Jerimiah; Good post and ideas; We started monthly Board Meetings to help speed up and free up our regular meetings so we can have "a clinic" each month; We are starting them after our March elections; Suggestions and volunteers are allways welcome; What do you suggest for April 7th? Any one else have any?

I suggest that we have an outing where we can find gold!  IMHO!    I really have been thinking of either bagby recreation area or briceburg.  I would like to stir some interest with the merced river!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

February 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg
Member
Posts: 68

I'm new to prospecting and a clinic for topo map reading and reading a river would be very helpful.

 

I'd be interested in a Merced river trip. How about one of the GPAA claims?

--

Greg Bucklin

Santa Clara, CA

GPAA / EBP

February 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty
Member
Posts: 521

Jere-Miner at February 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Pucky at February 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Jerimiah; Good post and ideas; We started monthly Board Meetings to help speed up and free up our regular meetings so we can have "a clinic" each month; We are starting them after our March elections; Suggestions and volunteers are allways welcome; What do you suggest for April 7th? Any one else have any?

I suggest that we have an outing where we can find gold!  IMHO!    I really have been thinking of either bagby recreation area or briceburg.  I would like to stir some interest with the merced river!

   I have been to Bagby , but I didn't get out to the river to much , as I had a tire blow out on a rock . But Im up for that .  :/

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

February 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bryan henningfeld . golden bear
Member
Posts: 190

pucky i hope you're feeling better.some great sugestions guys.another place i would like to check out is butte creek.between oroville and chico.we just need to get a permit from DFG redding office.I'll check that out when i go up for the gold show.and i think the club money is better spent.helping the claims directer with gas when he goes out on club bisness.maybe a gas card?up until now i think joes been spending his own money.

--

Golden Bear

February 7, 2011 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner
Member
Posts: 667

. I wonder if there is a way to buy prepaid gas cards that way no one person will be responsible for the charges. I would think that paid travel for the benifit of the club should have to be discussed by the board b4 auth but otherwise its a great idea

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

February 7, 2011 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scott Simpson
Member
Posts: 63

Just for the record, the board has already voted to approve fuel re-embursment to the Claims Committee Chair when on club business. So far, Joe has declined our offer. Thanks Joe!


As for the future, the club will only re-emburse for actual fuel costs after presentation of receipts and any re-embursement would have to be pre-approved by the board.


but I think we all agree, we'd like to have our claims committee checking out new claims and visiting/maintaining/sampling our existing claims. If fuel cost are a hinderence, then I'm sure we can work something out.


Thanks for the great ideas! Let's keep um coming!


Scott

--

Scott Simpson

Club Treasurer

February 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty
Member
Posts: 521

bryan henningfeld . golden bear at February 7, 2011 at 9:03 PM

pucky i hope you're feeling better.some great sugestions guys.another place i would like to check out is butte creek.between oroville and chico.we just need to get a permit from DFG redding office.I'll check that out when i go up for the gold show.and i think the club money is better spent.helping the claims directer with gas when he goes out on club bisness.maybe a gas card?up until now i think joes been spending his own money.

   Hey Bryan,   I would like to go up that way with you. I used to live in Paradice and that part of California is a great place to kick around at.  8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

February 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

al
Member
Posts: 74

Suggestion for raffle!

Rather than complain about what is bought  over and over STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND BE THE NEW  KING..its easy to complain and its even eaiser to get involved. complaining only hurts a club but helping makes it grow . so make suggestions as asked.  see you the 3rd of march.  al simoni

February 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68
Member
Posts: 328

I've got a video projector that I will offer for use by anyone that wants to show a dvd or short video, or if they want to do a powerpoint presentation.

March 22, 2011 at 4:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky
Member
Posts: 1394

I have a question? How is the search for a Meeting Place going? Are suggestions still encouraged? Have there been any? Besides, this topic/post needed to get bumped up. It's an important topic; Meeting and Club Suggestions gives all members a chance to speak their mind on the topic; Not every one can attend the meetings.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe
Member
Posts: 578

Pucky at January 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I have a question? How is the search for a Meeting Place going? Are suggestions still encouraged? Have there been any? Besides, this topic/post needed to get bumped up. It's an important topic; Meeting and Club Suggestions gives all members a chance to speak their mind on the topic; Not every one can attend the meetings.

Pucky,

since this topic was so old, and the previous comments were a couple years ago, i tagged my comment about this to reply to Ivan. His topic "Location of Meeting" is the sticky topic in the General Discussion of these forums. He started it just after we got ejection notice from the Oasis Christian Fellowship.

after you read and comprehend those posts, if you have more questions, please post them there. that way there won't be a six ways to sunday repetition of the info asked for and received.

thanks for your cooperation. sourdough joe

--


January 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator
Posts: 386

**********Due to old age, I'm closing this thread. ******** Check the general forum for the Feb 2013 meeting place which will be posted soon. And I'll start a new thread here about meetings and club suggestions. Thanks.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

January 24, 2013 at 2:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.