Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > MAY OUTING

"GOLDSTRIKE"

THANKS JOE

--

EUREKA!

April 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

the pics from oct 2 was a scouting trip, not a club outing.

the pics had captions when i posted them, and it took so long to explain them the posting went up without the captions. Some of the utility poles correspond to the sections of the association claim area. The whole 160 acres are divided up into A thru H, the club has sections G & H, my daughter and i have sections B & D. Looking at the map, there's adirt road which enters the hillside areas north of the claim and goes south to the PG&E penstock. A few of the pics were up on that road, potentially there could be benches there to prospect too.

if you have questions about any of the specific pics, let me know.

/s/ sourdough joe 

April 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

marq

So is the dry camping at the claim? Or do you have to drive to the claim from where you can dry camp. With my popup camper I am kinda stuck where I setup at.

April 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

yes you are correct, the dry camping is at / on  the claim.

alternately, you can camp elsewhere and still be close to the claim. I walked over to the pay camp ground to use their toilet when i camped on the claim.

April 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

Sourdough Joe at April 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM

yes you are correct, the dry camping is at / on  the claim.

alternately, you can camp elsewhere and still be close to the claim. I walked over to the pay camp ground to use their toilet when i camped on the claim.

Joe how far was the walk to the toilet from the claim?

April 23, 2011 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Eric,

It was about a half mile, maybe a little more.

I'd left camp early and walked up the dirt road up the hill on the claim, on the way back is when i stopped to use the facilities.

At the time we were camped in D section.

later, sourdough joe

April 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Hello all,

Here's an update prior to what's going to be announced at the next mtg.

I am heading up to the North Fork 1 claim on May 9, and staying there May 10, and returning on May 11.  I expect Tim Chandler will be going too. We need to scout the claims, ssample and figure where the better spots will be for the outing on May 21, 22.

Is anyone else interested in going up there on the scouting dates mentioned??

Thanks, sourdough joe

April 28, 2011 at 1:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Chandler

Yes Joe, Unless some unforeseen event should come up I plan on being there , we welcome anybody that wants to help scout the feather river claims to join us. We will talk more on this at the May 5th meeting, see you all there.

--
April 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

couldnt make it to the meeting last night, takes too long to get home from work clean up and then drive up there the meeting wouldve been over !lol  I wish i could make it joe but i am on a big job right now and have this next week to finish up the tile ... I will be at the outing and was goin to try to get up there a day early see yall then find some good dirt for us !~

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

May 6, 2011 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Hey Joe and Tim...

How did the prospecting/scouting trip to the claim go?

May 12, 2011 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CRAIG
I'm hoping the outing isn't canceled do to the weather. I'm staying with family in graeagle and there saying the weathers gonna get goofy and it might snow. I know Graeagles a lil ways away from the claim so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
--

Craig

May 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg

Craig...Looks like Partly Cloudy and 75 Degrees according to weather.com. Hopefully that's the case.

--

Greg Bucklin

Santa Clara, CA

GPAA / EBP

May 12, 2011 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Hey All,

Tim, Cliff and I got back from the scouting yesterday. We prospected in several locations - up on a creek off the dirt road up on the East side, on some hillside north of same creek at lava cap over river rock, down by the river on the eastside at an older exposed channel bench with previously worked excavation, and down by the river on the west side, in the water's edge, and about 50 feet off the water's edge, and up on the east side up a dry at the road, but wet up higher at some bedrock which got busted. All this produced was a number of places to try again cause we got microdots, or to move to another spot cause all we got was microdots. The river is still flowing high as in my picture last March, less the snow. 

Unless the river goes down, I'd just as soon not go up there for the club outing at this time.  Still snow melting off the peaks, and water running off the mountains. So I'm not holding my breath. No snow at the river level and the weather was decent, not too cold at night, probably about 38 F.

will advise more soon, do not want to wait till the last minute to  decide with others.

May 12, 2011 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CRAIG

Yeah Buddy! Perfect weather for gettin gold!

--

Craig

May 12, 2011 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CRAIG

High water is a bummer ! Thanks for the update Sourdough,keep us posted.

--

Craig

May 12, 2011 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

checked with PG&E regarding the flows from Belden Dam on the North Fork Feather River, they will remain high for the rest of the month.

May 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CRAIG

Thanks for all your efforts to make this outing happen Joe! I understand the water level is going to be an issue up there at the claim,but are there other claims in the area that we can maybe go to in case this one doesn't pan out? A plan B so to speak?I know there are some in the GPAA mining guide.Is that the route we want to take in case this outing doesn't happen? Im not trying to push this thing or anything and i understand some people will be traveling a long way to go to this outing and your doing your best to give pleanty of notice for people change there plans,but im gonna be up there visiting family no matter what the outcome is and im just trying to figure where i might go incase this thing doesnt happen.Again thank you for all your time and efforts!!!

--

Craig

May 13, 2011 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Chandler

We have checked both of are claims an they are both still real high an fast water at this time. The weather for next week is rain an some snow in the high country. We will be posting the new site today an blasting out this to all the members. We decided this because of this long trip up to the feather river claims an the high cost of gas that we should go when we can get into the river an really prospect. But if you signed up to work claims you can still go up an check out the claims any time if you would like. We will be going to dennis personal property claim and all the information will be posted here and on meet up today. We decided to go hear as the creek is running good and we have found good gold here also. We need to think of all are members an their saftey. I will be up there friday to help get things set up for the weekend. I hope to see all of you that can make it up. Thank you Tim Chandler.

May 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Bump

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

May 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg

Hey folks,

The updated outing info has been posted to meetup. Please RSVP.

--

Greg Bucklin

Santa Clara, CA

GPAA / EBP

May 14, 2011 at 1:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.