Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > MAY OUTING

CRAIG

Thanks again everyone for the scoutin,the updates and making sure everyone has a decent time on this May outing.The Feather River aint goin anywhere and Dennis property definatly has gold on it , so get r done and get some gold.

--

Craig

May 14, 2011 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

marq

Is there camping at denis's property?

May 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg

There is very limited dry camping. No facilities. Yosemite Pines campground is nearby. RV/Cabin/Yerts/and tent sites. http://www.yosemitepinesrv.com/index.html

--

Greg Bucklin

Santa Clara, CA

GPAA / EBP

May 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

marq

Don't mind dry camping as long as there is a place to dig a latrine. Anyone going up on Friday?

May 14, 2011 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

So can we come up on Friday?

May 15, 2011 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

On Friday, I am  going to our Claim, Eureka Placer #155, to camp, and scout around a bit. It is just up the road a piece from Dennis' property. Saturday, I'll be at Dennis's claim for the outing.

May 15, 2011 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Ok, I'll ask the obvious...

Why are we changing the outing to Dennis' Property, instead of changing it to the Eureka Placer #155, since it is basically in the same place, and we OWN it? (and can stay/prospect it all weekend)

May 15, 2011 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

4x4 Mike

will there be a way at the outing to sign up for the claim lease program so that we can go to the claims when there is not a outing going on. thanks mike

May 15, 2011 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mikep691

I'm with mike on that question.  I can't make the outing this time but it sounds like the area I want to be in July when my funds will let me .

May 15, 2011 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Chandler

We can stay on the 155 claim also we picked dennis property because it is right off the blacktop road an the dirt road into claim may be muddy an hard for some members to get in to it. If it turns out to be ok  we can work either place. I will be up there Friday looking over both places. We can dry camp at both places. I will have the outdoor toilet an first aid kit with me.  The river on 155 claim is running pretty high so it will be harder to work than the creek on the other property.  Tim Chandler.

May 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Chandler

Yes we will have lease forms an will sign up any members that would like. Tim Chandler

May 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Richard; They did it because the next one after that is at the new claim; (per HurtHawk) And my thinking is you will be able to sign in to the outing and pay that "fee" You should be able to buy club merchandize at the Outings too; Don't forget folks; This all takes time and HELP; We NEED volunteers bad now: We allways did, but more-so now; My 2 cents

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

May 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mikep691

Any chance you can email the form to me?  Just can't afford the trip next weekend but surely would like to have access in July.  Thanks

Mike

May 15, 2011 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

Has anyone stayed at the Yosemite Pines campground? I see a lot of mixed reviews about it

May 15, 2011 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bryan henningfeld . golden bear

I just hope the weathers nice.

--

Golden Bear

May 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Thanks Tim and Pucky for the response to my question. I didn't realize that the June outing was on the 155. Make total sense now. Plus we can 'sneak a peek' at it while we are up there too!

May 15, 2011 at 8:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

topo tony

i hope to make the trip up there , can we used just pans or high bankers ?

--

CANABUL

May 15, 2011 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Chandler

These are claims an we can use any equipment we want as long as we follow the laws. That being said by all means bring your high banker an minning equipment.

May 15, 2011 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

so back to the original question...If we can up on Friday, we would be able to prospect on Dennis's claim?? And also the turn into the claim, is it at the little bridge?

May 15, 2011 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AmusedVermin

I'm planning on making it to this outing. I'll go check out this meetup.com thing and get RSVP'd there as well.

Would love to meet up with club members and enjoy an outing. Haven't made it to a meeting yet so this will be my first time meeting everyone.

Sidestepped my love for the American River mountains today and went and poked around near the Bear River Campground. Found easy gold with easy access, but only managed a few pans between the cloud bursts. Met a nice lady prospector that showed me her full vial of the long days work in the rain, probably over an ounce of the same stuff I'd picked up.

The Bear is very different from anything I've worked so far but I liked it. I'm open to exploring new areas and would love to do it with fellow prospectors.

Rick

--

God Rocks!

May 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.