Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > MAY OUTING

AmusedVermin

I've been studying the maps to get the route memorized and all I know is if I get to Groveland / Big Oak Flats than I'm not far off. Going to be a good 2-3 hour drive to get in the area.

I might head out tonight but then I'll have to sleep in the truck or find a spot to toss the tent up.

--

God Rocks!

May 20, 2011 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

I just posted a quick video of my recent highbanker set up.  I want to bring it to the outing, but I haven't found a pump for it yet. 

Is anyone bringing a pump big enough to run two highbankers? Or has a spare pump I could borrow for this weekend? 

Give me a ring or a pm tonight so we can figure out what hoses/hose connectors would be needed.

Thanks!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

May 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bryan henningfeld . golden bear

J.if you just have a garden hose running to it.mine will handle them both no problem.I have to leave very early to get there by nine.so if i get there a little late don't worry.I might stay until monday.

--

Golden Bear

May 20, 2011 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

awesome i should be there aroun ten in the morning and staying sunday thanks agian i really appreciate it brian see you there

--

J.Osgood

EBP

May 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mikep691

Wish I was there

--

I Owe, I Owe, So off to work I go.

May 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

A hearty Thanks to Dennis Powell and HurtHawk for this weekend's outing.

Blind Bob and I got a little color, played in the water, washed rocks, and had a good time, especially visiting with all our fellow prospectors.  I had fun again.

Thanks, sourdough joe

May 22, 2011 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

It was great to see that so many people made it to the outing yesterday. Thanks Dennis and Rick for accomodating us all.

I must admit that I bailed early though, so I could go check out the "Eureka 155" club claim while I was in the area.

It has plenty of great camp sites, and better yet, good gold!  It's in your best interest to plan on staying the weekend for next months outing!

May 22, 2011 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AmusedVermin

Enjoyed my first outing. Got to meet a lot of people I'd only seen pictures or videos of. Had fun, learned a lil more and brought home a lil color.

Thanks Dennis for the awesome natural bedrock sluicebox diggins. Hope it has plenty of surprises when you dig in there real good. Nice place ya have there.

After sleeping in my truck down next to I-Bar on Friday and in my tent on a nice lump at Dennis' on Sat . . I'm goin to bed now. Don't wake me till next weekend (x_x)

Rick

--

God Rocks!

May 22, 2011 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Chandler

It was great to see such a large turn out this weekend for the outing. I went up early an stayed on the 155 new claim of EBP club. It has lots of room an great for camping. I tested some sites an found a  good stop where  we were getting good gold. Ramos scotty an myself worked this spot and we all found good gold. We found a nice small nugget which we decided to auction off at our next meeting an donate the money for the I-bar outing. Friday mined 155 claim .Saturday worked Dennis creek an many thanks to him for having us on his property again. It was nice to meet an work with some of you , that I have not been able to work with before. Sunday we worked at the !55 claim in the morning an than went back to dennis for a while in afternoon but I cound not stay late. Thanks to Joe , Bob , ramos , scotty, gold strike Mike an his son for the fun weekend , an minning adventure.  TIM CHANDLER

May 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg

We had 39 miners come out on Saturday and 14 Sunday. Great weather on the creek. Lots of new faces and new cases of gold fever were caught. Everyone got gold!

Good Folks, Good Weather, and Good Gold.

I'll post pics later today.

--

Greg Bucklin

Santa Clara, CA

GPAA / EBP

May 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Greg, we cannot forget your work and effort in helping coordinate this weekend's outing.  You did a fantastic job and we thank you again.

Regards,

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

May 23, 2011 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty
It was much fun, but I got my car muddy. No biggy. I like to get some mud on my car it makes me more confinent in my driving ability . Now my speling is anothet thing .
--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

May 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CRAIG

Wow!!! What a big turn out. Cant wait to see the pics. Looks like were gonna have a big summer. See everyone at the 155 in June. Cant wait!

--

Craig

May 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AmusedVermin

Wee!!

I just started playing with my heavy cons that I didn't get all the gold out of on site. Good to say that I didn't miss much. A few tiny specks.

What I DID notice is the sand is some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen. It's like millions of little pink-brown jewels.

I was playing with the stuff that stayed above my #8 screen and started thinking how a lot of the rocks reminded me of little meteorites, so I grabbed my rare earth magnet and to my amazment, literally the entire pan jumped up on the magnet!
No wonder there was little black sand, it's all still big chunks, lol.

The little sand that got through my #30 screen is fun to play with too. Once the magnet gets near it ( I was playing with the magnet under the pan) the little black sand bits became their own little magnets and stuck to eachother even after I took the magnet away.

I decided to keep all this stuff I brought home seperate for my own personal amusement.

Even after being home for a day, the outing is still bringing me some fun and joy. :)

--

God Rocks!

May 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg

Pics from May's outing are posted in the gallery. Thanks to Julio for the photography!

--

Greg Bucklin

Santa Clara, CA

GPAA / EBP

May 23, 2011 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

Scotty at May 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM

It was much fun, but I got my car muddy. No biggy. I like to get some mud on my car it makes me more confinent in my driving ability . Now my speling is anothet thing .

where the hell were you scotty i didnt see you all weekend I was at dennis' and i arrived around 1200 on sat no sign of my good friend scott!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

May 24, 2011 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tara

We had a great time meeting each of you that we did. Chuck and I look forward to the next trip...and the trip after...and the trip after that.....and yes, I seemed to have caught some sort of fever while there. I hear it's called Gold Fever. :D

Tara

May 24, 2011 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HurtHawk

I am posting additional outing pics to the gallery.

P.S. Vermin...those little clear red things were garnets...they are everywhere on the creek.

Rick

May 24, 2011 at 2:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Chandler

Looking foreward to the june outing, lots of good gold their. Also a whole lot of room to camp too. Bring your fishing poles the river is loaded with trout. We seen a couple of anglers cathing them left an right. They gave us two an we had fresh trout for dinner that night. Hope to see you all at the june meeting. Untill then good bye an great prospecting , Tim Chandler.

May 24, 2011 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

You guys are killing me here! I need to get out and dig some holes and bust open some cracks. I am glad to hear that the outing went so well, and I am trying to work out the logistics so that I can make the Big July I-Bar shindig. Good AU 2 All

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

May 24, 2011 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.