Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > My weekend in Plumas

CRAIG

I was in the Plumas area this weekend visiting family.The weather was great and i had a chance to prospect the GPAA's OSO claim for the day with my Dad.I ran my Keene A52  and had  the creek all to our selves. It was mostly small stuff and i was wishing for a 1/4 or 1/8 inch classifier.There was lots of small gravel in some spots and some clay material in others. The creek was low and was perfect flow for my sluice.Although im new at this and my pannings a lil shakey, i managed to get some color out of my clean up.

I also went to check out The Lucky 13. The road to get there was pretty easy , but had some patches of snow on the road.The scenery was great with tall pines and snow topped mountains The creek itself though was flowing pretty good and there were not to many places to put my sluice,so i hiked up the creek to check it out. What a beautiful area i cant wait to head back up there in the future.

--

Craig

May 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Any pictures? Sounds like a good weekend

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

May 23, 2011 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CRAIG

Not  this time Rockbuster ,me and dad didnt bring a camera and our phones take crappy pics.When i get my lil bits out of my snuffer i will post it.

--

Craig

May 23, 2011 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.