Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > June Outing

Sourdough Joe

Hey y'All,

Wow, I can hardly believe that the next outing is just a couple weeks away. The calender should be showing the dates of 11 and 12 June for this next adventure. So I just wanted to get everybody aware of when it'll be, and where --Eureka Placer #155  the club claim.

There's been some nice color found there, and with the water going down more holes can be dug.  See you there.

/s/ sourdough joe

May 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris&Tanya M

Howdy sourdough,new members,no fee's hav been paid or any thing yet. Were new real new 2 E.B.P. Dont know where the E.P.#155 claim is? Live north, Oroville Ca.need directions or location so maybe can make an outing & meet some of y'All nice prospectors.

May 24, 2011 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

Very awesome claim!! lots of places to camp and a state provided outhouse...I have a GPS location for the claim, I drove past it the first time I went down.....I won't post it here though...if you need it let me know..

May 24, 2011 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris&Tanya M

Thank's Eric that would b g8 could u send it 2 email so we could try 2 make the outin? 

May 24, 2011 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HurtHawk

As Sourdough Joe indicated, the June outing will be held at our club claim on the middle fork of the Tuolumne river.

I want this outing to be the prelude for our big outing at I-bar in July. so we will be having a metal detecting contest open to prospectors young and old. I will be providing the first place prize of a gold and quartz piece of Tuoloumne county gold. So plan on bringing you detectors.

There is a spacious campground on the claim so plan on spending the weekend.

I was out at the claim today. The road is rutted but passable and the water is running high. Hopefully the water level will drop a bit in the next couple of weeks but there are plenty of places to dig in the shallows.

I secured permission for us to prospect the next claim downstream so we will have a mile of river to find gold.

I will not be posting directions to the claim on meetup since member must sign in on this site and we have more control over the information.

Directions:From Oakdale

Follow Hwy 108/120 to the Hwy 120 Yosemite turnoff. Stay on hwy 120 approx 13 miles past Groveland and turn left on Cherry Lake Road.and bear to the right Just past San Jose Camp you turn right through a green Forest Service gate and follow the signs to the claim. Campground and toilet at the claim and easy access to the water. Highbankers OK and enough water flow for sluices. 9AM start on both days.

FYI:Your cell phone will probably not work past Big Oak Flat.

Remember to RSVP at Meetup.com

You may come a day early and camp or stay an extra day if you are getting good gold (Just ask Sourdough Joe about the gold)

Rick

May 27, 2011 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

It's a very cool area my Cell worked there and I got to use my Sand-&-Gold unit . It will be fun !!!  :D

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

May 27, 2011 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

FYI, I have Verizon and I was able to get cell service in camp.  Past the Fire Station/Park in Groveland, it is spotty all the way to the claim.  I was able to call Amy and txt her from my tent at night.

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

June 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CRAIG

I think this is gonna bee a good outing and im excited to have a lil more elbow room with the claim downstream.I will be bringin my son and soon to be wife early Sat. and stayin till Sun afternoon.Hope theres still room to camp.See ya all there.

--

Craig

June 4, 2011 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

woooooohooooooo can't wait  :lol:

June 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

theyll be plenty room to camp dont worry

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

June 5, 2011 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Martythesnail

weather outlook  looking fantastic ! As a newbie to the club and sport, I'm so excited I can't sit still. It's a week away at 1:30am and I'm going thru my camping gear!!

June 5, 2011 at 4:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Norman

is anyone going up on friday ? Eric I would also like to get the GPS location if you can get that to me it would be great. I look foward to meeting  everyone since this will be the first time on a outing with this club. I have a tent trailer, is the road good enough to bring it ? Can't wait to find some yollow gold.

June 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

The road can be a problem; Ask HurtHawk!

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

June 5, 2011 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Norman: The coordinates of the campground with the toilet is:

37.838931,-119.97858

The road in is kinda bumpy and full of potholes and ruts once you get off pavement, but a 4wd is not really necessary.

What you DO need is good clearance on your vehicle. I took my station wagon in a few weeks ago and made it, but there were several spots in which I had to carefully plan my route, and then just gave it the gas! Not a recommended plan to be repeated.

Hope this helps.

Rich

June 5, 2011 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I was able to get back to the camp in my front wheel drive Escape.  No prob.8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

June 5, 2011 at 7:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerploink

Sherry and I will be there for our 3rd trip there, arriving Saturday morning and leaving Monday.  Just bought a new power sluice to try out.  Anyone know if theres any way to get to the other side of the river prior to water level going down?  I saw a reference to a footbridge a little ways downriver on the claim map.  Is that real?

June 5, 2011 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

not sure about a foot bridge that would be a question for hurt hawk

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

June 5, 2011 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

4x4 Mike

Can some one tell me where to go online for a camp stove permit. Meetup says you need this I guess even to use A one burner propane unit ? thanks

June 5, 2011 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bryan henningfeld . golden bear

hi J hows the grill?I'am afraid that dredgeing is doomed!looks like we're going to have a good turn out.I'll be goin up fri.if i don't go to work.

--

Golden Bear

June 5, 2011 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

Fire permit for a one burner propane stove???? Hmmm never heard of that....There is a place in Groveland..Ranger Station?? To get one..Good question

June 5, 2011 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.