Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > Italian Bar Outing, July 15 thru 17, potluck Saturday

Sourdough Joe

Hey y'all,

it's a little early to be thinkin' bout food so I want to assure everyone there's gonna be plenty, We've got hot dogs and hamburgers that I'll be grilling, I've got charcoal leftover from last year. and the ketchup, relish and mustard will be there.  there's not a complete list of every other thing needed yet which is the reason to start this. For those folks bringing food, we'll need potato salad, macaroni salad, hot dog buns, hamburger buns, sodas, and desserts, as a minimum. Each person should bring enough for him/her self and family, plus about four to six others. Just to give an idea of how I'd like to proceed --

the first letter of your last name will put you in a food catagory to bring to the potluck:

letters A thru D will bring an appetizer - chips dips, etc.

letters E thru H will bring a main dish, excluding the hot dogs and hamburgers

letters I thru L will bring side dishes, like corn  or beans

letters M thru P will bring the salads, macaroni, potato, any other

letters Q & R will bring the buns, bread

letters S thru V will bring the desserts, cake, pie

letters W thru Z will bring the sodas, coke pepsi, 7up, Dr. Pepper, and diet sodas.

Depending on how many folks sign up ahead of time with the survey and the dishes being brought, we can make some adjustments before we sit down to eat. And not to worry, it'll all be good. Am also open to anybody's suggestions as to improve the above with modifications or just scrap it and start over.

thanks, sourdough joe, cook

May 26, 2011 at 1:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tara

LOVE the organization of the food categories according to names....never seen this before and comin from a woman, KUDOS to you! We will be there, family of 4, assigned to salads.

May 26, 2011 at 2:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

Hummm

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

May 26, 2011 at 2:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

What am I ? S or R ?   8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

May 26, 2011 at 2:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Scotty, you are R, buns/bread.

May 26, 2011 at 4:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

al

Hi all  !!!

Last nite at the BOD meeting was a good one,I'm going to  be in charge of the power equiptment. at I-BAR. As of right now we only have 2 hi-bankers pledged.If you have a , should  i say a power sluice you don't mind loaning to the outing we can use it . so let me know what you have and what you're bringing.   AU2U  AL

May 26, 2011 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Greetings East Bay Prospectors, I have added a few simple surveys to our site. Please visit and participate. http://eastbaygpaa.webs.com/WEBPROTECT-eventspollsandsurveys.htm

This is going to be a big one folks

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

May 26, 2011 at 11:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

Rachel and i are not goin to be able to make this trip. However, If yall would like to use my cal sluice highbanker set up you are mor than welcome to, long as everything is returned. It needs a pump with 30 gpm to run and I dont have one yet. As of now it it set up with a garden hose spray bar. I will bring it to junes outing at the 155. let me know.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

May 27, 2011 at 1:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Equipment loaners

Thank you goes out to:

Robert

Dan

Jeremiah

Sourdoe Joe

Dennis

Dan, Jeremiah needs a pump and hoses for his set-up; perhaps you two could talk at the meeting and work something out?

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

May 27, 2011 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

8)

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

May 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bryan henningfeld . golden bear

I'll bring my power sluice if i still have it.and the pump and hoses.if I'am still not workin I'll be there for the hole thing.god i hope I'am workin!!

--

Golden Bear

May 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

god i hope soo too then you wont have to sel your equipment!    as for the meeting on the second i probably wont be able to make the it times just got tougher as i spent every last dollar to my name on my oral surgery. I will however be at the 155 for junes outing. I have  a role of blue lay flat hose i picked up from harbour frieght I can send along with it and i might have a pump put together by then. I ll chime in when i figure it out

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

May 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

What are you thinking about as a main dish, if you guys already have hamburgers and hot dogs?  Lobster, pizza?  Actually a serious question.

June 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

billd

Just checking, but, is the alphabetic groupings for the pot luck still on?

June 30, 2011 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

yes, the alphabetic groupings is still on.

other potential main dishes could be -- chicken, turkey, beef, pork, trout (local).  Ifn' you can make a pizza that'll be okay too, with lots of meats on it. Lobster is probably too difficult, and am not personally partial to clams or oysters.

June 30, 2011 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jason Andrews

So I'm Snacks like Chips & Salsa. Check.

July 1, 2011 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

I am thinking of bringing some chili or stew.  The chili can be used on the hamburgers or as a stand alone main dish, or does that qualify as a side dish?

If i bring chili, will you (EBP) have the sour cream, onions and cheese to go on top as part of your hamburger fixens?

July 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

the fixins for the hamburgers and hot dogs are  -- relish, mustard & ketchup.

July 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

What?!  No onions, lettice and tomato, Mayonaise,  Tthousand Island dressing, American Cheese, bacon, sauted mushrooms, grilled onions.  :0

July 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

al

Hey   KGphoto  You can bring anything you want to put on your hamburgers ! we encourge folks to step up and help out.  au2uAl Simoni

July 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.