Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > Italian Bar Outing, July 15 thru 17, potluck Saturday

bill.bley

Sourdough Joe at May 26, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Hey y'all,

it's a little early to be thinkin' bout food so I want to assure everyone there's gonna be plenty, We've got hot dogs and hamburgers that I'll be grilling, I've got charcoal leftover from last year. and the ketchup, relish and mustard will be there.  there's not a complete list of every other thing needed yet which is the reason to start this. For those folks bringing food, we'll need potato salad, macaroni salad, hot dog buns, hamburger buns, sodas, and desserts, as a minimum. Each person should bring enough for him/her self and family, plus about four to six others. Just to give an idea of how I'd like to proceed --

the first letter of your last name will put you in a food catagory to bring to the potluck:

letters A thru D will bring an appetizer - chips dips, etc.

letters E thru H will bring a main dish, excluding the hot dogs and hamburgers

letters I thru L will bring side dishes, like corn  or beans

letters M thru P will bring the salads, macaroni, potato, any other

letters Q & R will bring the buns, bread

letters S thru V will bring the desserts, cake, pie

letters W thru Z will bring the sodas, coke pepsi, 7up, Dr. Pepper, and diet sodas.

Depending on how many folks sign up ahead of time with the survey and the dishes being brought, we can make some adjustments before we sit down to eat. And not to worry, it'll all be good. Am also open to anybody's suggestions as to improve the above with modifications or just scrap it and start over.

thanks, sourdough joe, cook

Sourdough,

I signed up as a member this morning and would like to participate in the outing on the 15th of July.  Do I need to register with someone?  There will be myself, wife and son in our party. 

Bill Bley

[email protected]

July 1, 2011 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

al at July 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Hey   KGphoto  You can bring anything you want to put on your hamburgers ! we encourge folks to step up and help out.  au2uAl Simoni

Just trying to see what is covered and what is not.  Hate to have a bushel of onions and no tomatoes.  :)

I already volunteered to help the cook, give panning and sluicing lessons.  What more do you want?  :)

As another suggestion -how about Carne Asada and/or Fajitas?  Need bell peppers, onions, tortillas, meat, Pico De Gallo and sour cream and guacamole.

July 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric
Site Owner

July 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

in response to the above, Bill Bley -- go to the surveys portion of this website and put in your numbers there.

Kgphoto -- the camp is not the AHWANEE in yosemite. nor am i a chef, just a simple cook. your suggestions surpassed my simple talents, like boiling water and making ice.

/s/ sourdough joe, cook

July 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

Sure as hell aint the Ahwanee, no turn down service, and to top that stuff off, I aint never got a mint on my pillow at Ibar, maybe a tick. Oh yeah and theres no AIRCONDITIONING either! thats just the way i roll! hey at least theres a SHOWER!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

July 2, 2011 at 2:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dirty D

No it isn't the Ahwahnee but the people are sure as hell much better. I wouldn't trade I-Bar for the stinking Ahwahnee. DNC (DOES NOT CARE)

July 2, 2011 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

dirty d your right dnc sucks ! The Ahwanee is a magnificent hotel though. I would rather get bit by a tick then give them company script XXXX an more of my money than i have in the past.

I have been part of the work here buy here scenario one too many times!

never knew the meaning of " I owe my sole to the company store" till i worked for concessions services!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

July 2, 2011 at 3:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dirty D

Join the crowd. By the way, they no longer have turn down service. They can't hire the foreigners any more and they are too cheap to hire enough help. Have a SYSCO burger on a stale bun and live in our condemned trainwreck. Yosemite is a beautiful place made ugly by corporate greed.

July 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

Gee, all I wanted was a little cheese with my whine.  :)

July 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

do you live in the train wreck? at the lodge. I had some friends that stayed there and my mom used to have a closet of a room there. I lived in lost arrow beneath the spire and park bummed for a while before heading to zion and eventually kings canyon. no turn down service any more huh wonder if people are still paying 250+ dollars a night and waiting on the 3 year wait list for that !

--

J.Osgood

EBP

July 2, 2011 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

"GOLDSTRIKE"

SOURDOUGH,

ILL BRING A CASE OF CORN ON THE COB. SHOULD I PLAN ON COOKING IT THERE OR WILL THERE BE ROOM ON THE GRILL

--

EUREKA!

July 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Goldstrike,

Let's see when we get there.

Thanks, sourdough joe

July 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tara

We should see how many replies to groupings we have so we aren't short in one category...ie buns, side dishes or drinks. We are planning on bringing 6gal of orange drink to potluck so that shouldn't be a prob, but just thinking about the others.

I agree with KGPhoto...we need a topping category.

July 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chuck

Does anyone have any 2 or 5 gallon drink dispencers that they could bring for the potluck.  I have many bags of juice drink mix that I will bring for the potluck, I just dont have the dispencers.  I aquired them a few months ago when I brought my cadets down to the Marine Corps base in 29 Palms for training.  If there is someone out there that can roger up to bringing them I will bring the mix so we will have plenty to drink at the outing.

July 12, 2011 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tara

Okay...i cross-referenced the rsvp's between this page and the meetup page and got a tally on how much of each category is to be expected (this is a rough estimate since i don't know some last names). It looks like the appetizer and salads category is in abundance, main dish has 4, sides has only 1, breads a mere 4 and that's gonna be bad if they only bring 2 packs of buns each :/  2 for desserts and 2 for drinks. Chuck and I are jumping ship on the salads and we are bringing drinks and buns.

Again, this was based on just the last names i saw between both sites and pages. I realize there are about 10 guys that i don't have a last name to put in a category....Pucky, Rick, Robert, Rod, Doug, KGPhoto, Mike, Mac, Rick, Sourdough Joe, etc....

July 12, 2011 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Tara,  I'm heading to Costco tonight or tomorrow regarding the Buns... I'm in "R"  We should be OK.  No need to jump ship as I believe I'll be bringing plenty.

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

July 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

hey y'all,

thanks for the checking and cross referencing. Am planning to do a final run down with the participants there on Friday afternoon with a follow-up on Saturdady to go to town to get any last minute items. C ya there, sourdough joe

July 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tara

Okie dokie! :)

July 12, 2011 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark and Janelyn

Joe, put me down for dishes. I already have experience. :)

--

Mark and Janelyn

Metal By Mark

www.MetalByMark.com

July 13, 2011 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jason Andrews

I was gonna bring tons of chips. Some Salsa. Anything else sound good?

July 13, 2011 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.