Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > woods creek!

Jere-Miner

went up and pulled off the road by the bridge before jamestown and got more color in one hour with a pan and a 1/4 inch classifier than i find in most areas in a full day. nice chunky lil Gold! so if you are bored in the area and want to pick around there is gold there and its nice!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

June 21, 2011 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

That's open to the public? How far up or down?

June 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike

I am not sure that would be considered "open". The bridge and surrounding area should be state right of way, upstream of the bridge you run into the Harvard mine property and Jamestown sanitary district and about 1/4 mile downstream it crosses Bell Mooney road, its private property from there on down and posted no trespassing. However, I do see cars parked there from time to time and as long as you dont make a big deal about it (highbankers, pumps etc.) I dont think they run people out. I could be wrong though so stealth mode is probably best, I scouted that area about a month ago but didnt take any test pans, guess I am gonna have to go back. Good job Jeremiah, did you poke around the bedrock or in that sand bar by the bridge?

June 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I think its 6o feet either stde of the bridge. But I could be wrong.  8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

June 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

not sure about the laws although i thought it was 140 ft' either side of the bridge. I walked to the middle of the creek and started digging under rocks, I also see people parked there almost everytime i pass. there was another gentleman and his children above the bridge tward harvard mine and he was prospecting also. didnt hit any bedrock, just around the boulders in the middle
!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

June 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Any chance of getting the name of that road  or maby the bridge name. Always on the look for rivers with gold that I'll have no fear of getting shot at. Not that i have before but.......

June 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don Smith

HI Bradey, Its the last Bridge on 108 before Jamestown heading to Sornora. Lots of Poison oak their

--

June 22, 2011 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

yes there is but luckily i didnt run into any.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

June 22, 2011 at 6:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Thanks for the info.   found a easy way around poison oak. get your self the disposable paint suits. if you know you have to walk through it to get somewher, wear it out to the river,  roll it down and off. when your ready to go, just roll it back on and toss it when you get back to the car. a plastic bag for all your gear helps to. IF YOU DO GET PIOSON OAK, BUY YOUR SELF SOME TECHNU. you can find it at most stores. works good before or after you get it.

June 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matteo & Veronica

ORAL IVY

is a good Natural Cure, you can get it on amazon free shipping!

--

Living the Dream Baby!!...... One "NUGGET" At A Time

June 22, 2011 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Okay looks like i found the place. Hope I'm not stepping on toes posting this..... Here it is on Google.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bell+Mooney+Rd&hl=en&ll=37.940407,-120.427966&spn=0.010864,0.026157&sll=37.940373,-120.427966&sspn=0.010864,0.026157&geocode=FaDoQgIdZlvS-A&mra=mr&z=16

Now for me to finds something harder to find then gold.............TIME.

June 22, 2011 at 7:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

well almost bradley but its right off of 108 not bell mooney. the parking area is at the bridge on 108 if your traveling east from oakdale its just past bell mooney! get the time, the gold was course and chunky!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

June 22, 2011 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I should check what i post. that wasnt the mark i thought i posted.  The pull off  has a "Camping Prohibited" and a power/phone line near the river?  I hate walking around chasing my shadow.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

June 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

john t.

Just north of the bridge is a claim that is leased by Jamestown Gold Panning. A guy named John runs his prospecting business on that stretch and charges for outings, so might want to avoid the north side.

June 24, 2011 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

definately need to find the public , or state R.O.W laws concerning properties, boundarys, on either side of the bridge! One thing I can say is........ no sence in claim jumpin when i found the gold practicly smak dab on the south edge of the downstream side.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

June 24, 2011 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

al

This is not about woods creek. =-=-==== My wife Teri underwent a succesful liver transplant today at Stanford. She is alive and doing well at Stanford.  Thanks for reading   au2u  Al Simoni

June 24, 2011 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Samsonite
Hey 209gold, thanks for heads up on that place. Gonna go stomp around down there this Saturday. I'll have limited time so didn't want to drive way up into the hills. If we find something good, I'll save you some...share with us, share with you.
--

June 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dirty D

I  see people prospecting there all the time 

The way I see it, you should be safeall the way to the fences. Ive also seen the law passing right on by them without running anyone off.

June 24, 2011 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dirty D

I am talking about the area near the feed store on one side of the road with a storage facility and gas station on the other. I think that  Jamestown gold fella does his thing upstream a bit. Yes the bridge just beyond Bell Mooney. I never have worked any there because Im always on my way somewhere else .

June 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Samsonite
Thanks guys, may have my son with me today so I'm planning to go someplace close so that we have more time. Great tips all!
--

June 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.