Administrator

Please let us know

http://eastbaygpaa.webs.com/WEBPROTECT-eventspollsandsurveys.htm

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

July 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dirty D

Outstanding , about 80 participated in the common operations.The" farmer's dirt " we were processing wasn't the best but our recovery improved with time and hard work.I personally had a great time .The auction went well, as did the raffle and the draw. I am a little biased here but I loved the draw.

July 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Dirty D Got #1:D

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

July 18, 2011 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ivan

This was my first time out to IBar and I had a great time. I learned at lot from the classes taught by Tim C. and HurtHawk. I was glad that I was able to attend and can not wait till next year to do it all over again. Thanks to all that planned and ran this event you did an excellent job. And as a newbie I felt good to learn that now I can go out and get some color as well.

--
July 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dirty D

Hey Pucky, been lonely all day today. I wish I could have stayed another day. Even without the #1 beautiful nugget I got in the draw, The event was the very best I have experienced. Hats off to all .

July 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chuck

Italian bar was a great experience and a great oppertunity to gain knowledge from some very experienced veterans. The LDMA members that were there were 1st class all the way!! They treated all East Bay members with respect and helped out with all aspects to the outing. I was also very pleased with the pot luck and most importantly, the gold draw.

July 19, 2011 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

"GOLDSTRIKE"

ALTHOUGH THE FAMED GOLD OF ITALIAN BAR WAS VERY ELUSIVE AT BEST, THE CROWD AND OUTING WERE GREAT.

MEETING THE PEOPLE I DID, MORE THAN PAID FOR THE TRIP.

AND THANKS TO ALL EBP STAFF FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK!

--

EUREKA!

July 19, 2011 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Goldchaser2

It sounds like everyone had a great time.  Sorry to have missed it.   :-(

I am going there in a couple weeks - so could someone tell me what the river was like?  Level and speed of the flow compared to years past?

Also, how did the detectorists do?  What did they find?

Thank you!

July 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nuggetknapper

As a brand new member I was looking forward in going. However, a minor illness kept me down for the weekend. I am really bummed I could not attend. But, today, me and a friend worked the "open" area just downstream of I
-Bar. After about five hours of digging and panning we only found one very little flake for our effort. We had a lot of fun though, and that's what it is all about.

July 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tara

It was great to meet so many with the same interest....always makes for a good time. Brain pickin' was interesting and the events were fun. We love camping and having a great place to do it is always a plus. I think the most important lesson i learned was that bug bands DON'T WORK!!!

Thank you East Bay GPAA for organizing this event.  :D

July 20, 2011 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

1armedPete

As a newbie I did not want to miss an opportunity to attend an outing at I-Bar. Everything was fantastic. If there were any snags in the planning or the process of our outing they were most certainly well hidden. Everyone seemed to have a great time, I met more new friends, and I'm sure I will see them again. Hats off to everyone responsible for providing the rest of us with such a memorable occassion. EBP has once again given us great memories, stories, and gold!!

--
July 20, 2011 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

THERAIDERDAD

i think praise should also go to the cleanup crew for workin down all the cons, but most of all the vendors who came out and donated to this outting. thanks to metal by mark,49er mineing supply,blacksheep mineing supply and Hurthawk Productions.... OH ya and ME for winning the gold action, i will post pics as i get back to south dakota !!!!! Thanks EastBay

--

I CAN DIGIT    HELL BENT AND HELL BOUND!!!!  charter member eastbay prospectors concord,ca. black hills prospecting club of south dakota,STATE DIRECTOR SOUTH DAKOTA GPAA

July 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac

Gotta tell ya, took my wife, daughter and son-in-law.  Knew Christian and I would enjoy it and was very pleasantly surprised when my wife and daughter expressed how much fun they had also.  We meant a ton of great people, attend all classes except metal detecting (too tired) and did some digging on our own.  Didnt see much gold, but we were all happy with the common split (even thought it came from elsewhere). 

Wanna thank everyone and all the hard work ya'll put in to make this such a great time for all of us.

July 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doug

Lori, Moose and I had a great time last weekend!  We met a lot of nice people and had many good laughs.  The food at the pot luck was outstanding.  The organization of hte outing was very well done. The staff at the camp were very hospitable.  I just posted a bunch of photos. Thanks to all!!  BGG

July 20, 2011 at 11:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

Great pic's Doug.  8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

July 21, 2011 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

1armedPete

Doug; you did a terrific job with the photos! I know some credit has to go to the camera, but it's obvious you made a real effort to include everyone. But wait......did Lori take take those photos?? Anyways, it was great meeting you guys, and I'll see you on the next one.

Pete

--
July 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nuggetknapper

Dirty D at July 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Outstanding , about 80 participated in the common operations.The" farmer's dirt " we were processing wasn't the best but our recovery improved with time and hard work.I personally had a great time .The auction went well, as did the raffle and the draw. I am a little biased here but I loved the draw.

Dirty D,

Being a new member, and trying to decide whether or not to join the LDMA, what exactly is "The Farmer's Dirt" you speak of? I keep hearing from many locals around I-Bar that this place has been so well picked-over it would not be worth the cost to join, other than the fun and commoradierie the LDMA provides. I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks, Jay

July 21, 2011 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Boomer

My first trip and had a blast. Nice to have met and put faces to the people that post here. Wish I lived closer but the 7 hour drive was worth it for me. The weather was perfect, Tim, thanks for being a great host, your advise and look forward to seeing you guys in the future outings. Here is the total from the common and what I found. The biggest piece was found in a crevice in a hole I was digging that I found by eye.....thanks Hurthawk!:) Just figured out I need a link for pics so lets try this....Look at post by tunanator

http://www.huntingforgold.net/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3535&start=60

July 21, 2011 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

First of all I want to thank all of those people who made mefeel so welcome and worked hard with me during the common did.  Next I would like to thank Pucky and theorganizers who invited me to come and show The Gold Lab.  Then I would like to thank those who broughtconcentrates from all over to run through The Gold Lab so we could see how wellit performed.  Happily, I can say it didan outstanding job.  The picture belowshows the gold I found in the tailing samples from the common dig.  The four nuggets to the right of the picture wereform my draw, the six others and all the fines were recovered with the GoldLab.

[IMG]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h381/kagphoto/I-Bar-Gold.jpg[/IMG]

I want to say how much I enjoyed the site and the hotshowers every morning. I loved being able to tent camp and listen to the streamand crickets and frogs and then loosen up the old bones in a hot shower in the morning.  I recommend everyone attending this outingwhenever possible.

July 25, 2011 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ed

Thanks to everyone who contributed their time and efforts to make this a most enjoyable and educational outing.

July 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.