Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Meet others to prospect/detect > Anybody up for a drive and a hike to get some gold?

Rich68

I've got a claim on the American river (North Fork of the Middle Fork) that I want to work, and looking for someone that is available during the week (this week).

Looks like I've still got a week or two before my play time gets cut off, so I'd like to get out a few more times.

It's a mile hike in, and a mile hike out. The road is paved to the parking area, which is the start of the path that goes all the way to the claim. Need to cross the river once, and it is just under waist high (but very slippery!). You must be sure footed enough to not fall off the narrow path, be able to climb a few rocks, and be fast enough to keep up with me! haha.

Looking for someone from the Walnut Creek / Concord area to carpool with, or that lives somewhere along the 680/80 route.

I like to leave early (6am, so we can start digging around 9am) and stay late ( start packing out around 6pm) so that we can get in a good days work for the gas and effort.

You would probably have to pack in everything you plan to use, since anything carried by hand WILL get heavy.

If you are interested in going, send me a Private Message with your phone number so that we can work out the details.

Rich

July 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

Hello Rich,                                             Im interested, that is of coarce if I can where knee pad's, and carry a walkimg stick.   I'de be able to come and meet you in Concord or where ever. Ill send you my # 8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

July 28, 2011 at 12:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Bryan, Cliff and I made a trip in yesterday.

We found some decent gold... and some claim jumpers!

Just as we were about to cross the river (with my claim starting on the other side), I found 2 prospectors headed in the same direction.

When I caught up to them, they were starting to 'settle in' to work my claim, IN THE HOLE I DUG LAST WEEK!

Needless to say I was pissed. And come to find out, the 'decision maker' of the two is a GPAA member and had been prospecting for 2 years. Shame on you. You should know better!

It felt good to know that the hour + hike in, and the hour + hike out, was a COMPLETE waste of time for them. :P

P.S. Scotty, sorry that you couldn't make this trip. I'll definitely let you know when we plan on going to one of my easier accesible claims. We just about lost Cliff on this trip.

The hike in/out was a little more difficult than I remembered. And I forgot that I am part mountain goat!

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

July 30, 2011 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bryan henningfeld . golden bear

we have a new nickname for cliff.KSC stands for kitchen sink cliff.because he brings everything but the sink.to much equipment for this trip.travel light when you go with rich.because you will be hiking.cliff was a good sport through it all.

--

Golden Bear

July 30, 2011 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Rich,

Did you get a picture of the claim jumpers? I'd like to know who to look out for?

Otherwise, sounds like a good trip.

July 31, 2011 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matt

New member.Can go during the week. matt 831-239-3956

August 25, 2011 at 10:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Hey matt, this post (and offer for going prospecting) was posted a few weeks ago, and unfortunately my play time has run out.

Welcome to the club and forum though!

Hopefully around mid September I will be able to start hitting the rivers again, and will post a new invite.

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

August 26, 2011 at 2:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

"GOLDSTRIKE"

I WOULD HAVE CALLED THE SHERIFF

--

EUREKA!

August 31, 2011 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.