Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > News story about gold prospecting

Jay

On 8-1-11 at 10 pm on ch 2 news there will be a story about the new gold rush in California.:/

July 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

A special segment is going to be run on Channel 2 KTVU 10 o'clock news Monday 8/1/11. The special is going to be about modern day gold mineers and how they are destroying the enviroment. Please forward this info to all the groups that may be interested.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

July 31, 2011 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fred Goodwin

Modern day gold mineers are destroying the enviroment, my what???:P

--

:D  Fred & Tina Goodwin

July 31, 2011 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dirty D

Lets send them the trash we pick up. I am dead serious abut it. If they had something material ,all the fishing line , weights , lead and steel shot etc . I don't think it would really matter the greenies aren't interested in the facts anyway.

August 1, 2011 at 2:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

For those who are out of the area, you can watch the news on your PC go  http://www.ktvu.com/video/21499672/index.html  you may have to down load a program first, so plan ahead! I am watching the noon news as I type this.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

pucky the link is dead on my end I am still tryin to find the story whered you find it?

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

August 1, 2011 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

Jere-Miner at August 1, 2011 at 4:15 PM

pucky the link is dead on my end I am still tryin to find the story whered you find it?

hmmm seems like its on in the pm not the am, its hot here in the valley guys my bad.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

August 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

The link is dead; copy and pasted it works; go figure!

http://www.ktvu.com/video/21499672/index.html 

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

I can't get the link to play either.

August 1, 2011 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

yeah kg the story doesnt air until 10 pm it will then be available in the video links section above, not sure how pucky got the information he has posted(maffia tactics perhap) the information i recieved from the news station was it will be under the video links after 10pm

ktvu.com/video

--

J.Osgood

EBP

August 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Link works fine now

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

August 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Thanks for fixin it RockBuster!

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 1, 2011 at 7:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

ok now im confused. Is the story already out?

--

J.Osgood

EBP

August 1, 2011 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Live tonight at 10:00 PM

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

August 1, 2011 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

all in all i think the karuk indians made a fool of themselves lookin like burnt out hippies, and what was that stuff about a clam being trapped in the rocks. hello . seems like we need to start a movement like take a kid fishing. take a kid gold panning!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

August 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

I ( WE ) did; We started this Chapter of the GPAA!!!

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

billd

Pretty poor reporting, with no research into the Karuks biased claims against recreational prospecting. It must have been a pretty slow news day, and seems to have been done before all the recent battles over suction dredging.

And, give me a break...their "biologist" telling us that the holes dug beside the river are killing the fresh water clams! Did they get stuck in the holes during high tide? Or, did they fall in while on a morning walk, and were unable to get out? 

I guess there isn't enough reality show drama to show a piece on the good that recreational miners do, both along the water and in the water.

August 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kgphoto

SPECIAL REPORT: New Generation Of Gold Miners Using Banned Methods

The titles and the slant of the reporting is clearly biased against mining.  The amount of time given to the anti miners and that they have the last word is evidence of this.  Just because they weren't shouting, doesn't mean they were being fair.  They are trying to "sound reasonable".  I wish the Happy Camp guy had more clear  and powerful statements back up by quoting the studies already performed to refute the position.  Also, if he had the opportunity to hear what the indians had said, he could directly refute their claims, re: Hydrolic'ing and damage to the eco system.

August 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Hello, is anybody out there?

News is not to tell the truth!! It's to sell more adverts, make money! It does not matter if it's in  print or on the tv, it's all the same, reporters are paid to get a "story" something to grab people's attention and make the teller look good. What a pile of news!!

August 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bryan henningfeld . golden bear

call the tv station and let them know what you think.I did.demand equal time.

--

Golden Bear

August 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.