Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > feather river

topo tony

can you tell us how to get to the feather river claim if we wanted to go up before the outing, and yes i have paid my 20.00 to used claim. is it mark ed and is there room to camp ?is there parking , is there bears ? can we hunt and fish ? thanks 

--

CANABUL

August 24, 2011 at 8:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Tony, you should have received a mining guide with maps and details when you paid your fee. If you did not get that info please come to the meeting on Sept. 1rst and we will make sure you have the proper info. If you can not make the meeting please let me know and I will see what I can do about getting that information to you.

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

August 24, 2011 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

topo tony

wow i paid back in like may, when we went to dennis claim ,from ramos he punch my card ,and have been too 3 meeting in a row .was thinking about going up maybe 2 weeks before 

--

CANABUL

August 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

topo tony

would that be in a e mail that i could have miss

--

CANABUL

August 24, 2011 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Topo Tony, I sent you a message. Did you get it?

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

August 25, 2011 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

topo tony

yes i did thank you

--

CANABUL

August 30, 2011 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

Any time

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

August 30, 2011 at 8:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac

Ahhhh, need to ask as I have not been to the club claims yet.  When I signed up and got my card punched, there were no claims guides at that point.  I was given 2 photocopies of topo maps and that was it, no directions, just the copies.  I'll be at the meeting come thursday, and want to attend on the 9th, can I get a copy of the guide at that time?

August 31, 2011 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockbuster
Administrator

I have been told mining guide info will be available at the meeting tomorrow

--

Joel Brush (Rockbuster)

East Bay Prospectors

August 31, 2011 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac

cool cool, thanks Rock

August 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene
Can you please bring a mining guide to the meeting for me too please? I have also paid and gotten a punched card. Thanks
August 31, 2011 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I'd like 1 2.  :D   Even if I cant make it to this meeting.  :roll:

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

August 31, 2011 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Hey y'all,

Have just recovered from the long drive up and back to the Club's North Fork 1, Feather river, outing.  I did some prospecting and got little color. I just have eliminated a couple more spots for next time. For those of you who did not make it, for whatever reason, you missed out on great weather, fresh blackberries, wonderful scenery, and the chance to find gold, and enjoy the comraderie of fellow prospectors. I had a great time, despite being tired. Of course there were also fishermen enjoying the outdoors, and other campers nearby, as well as non-club prospectors, but that's another story. Anyway, I got up there on Friday afternoon and met Dennis Poirer and talked with the campers already there. Then I posted our Claim Marker, North Fork 1, on the east side of the road. So now all folks going there should be easily able to find where North Fork 1 is, and not be confused about the names of closed claims. I then worked some material from the river, just microdots. Saturday arrived with much promise and bright sunshine, then other club members showed up and signed in. Also met a fellow named Rocky who was camping near, apparently he'd called GPAA and Pucky about the North Fork 1 claim, and the GPAA claim, Kens Corner. So we got on to prospecting, I went back down river after signing folks in and showing some the claim map and orienting them. A Thanks to Jay for sharing the fresh tomatoes and pears. I finished panning out my cons and still only had micro dots. I thought i needed to dig deeper and based on what some of the others were getting, i resolved to do that and on Sunday set up my highbanker and shovelled directly into it from the river material, i only got as deep as 18 to 20 inches with the rock moving and shoveling. After the gas ran out and the motor shut off i did a clean up, there was a little color, but my big pay off was a nickel, dates 1982, with a P on it, it's discolored of course, and doesn't hardly pay for the gas, but i had a great time.By the way, the river was down about 6 feet from when we'd been there earlier this year.

Then i packed up and headed over to Blind Bob's place to see the progress on his 40X24 work shed. The exterior walls were erected, and the roof trusses were on top of the walls, waiting to be erected. There's lots more to get it closed before wet weather arrives, so i will be there a bit to help him.

Hope some other attendees post their experiences as well.

later, sourdough joe

September 13, 2011 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.