Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > For Sale/Wanted to buy > Bear Hug claim for sale - $1000

Rich68

I would like to sell my 'BEAR HUG' claim, and I am offering it to club members first.

Actually I offered it to the club first, but I guess they are not interested.

It has gold, but you need to find it. What I mean is, most of the gold I have found on the claim is very small, and you need to move material to get it. I believe that there is bigger gold to be found, but I don't have the time to locate it since I am working my other claims.

It has excellent access. You can drive right up to the claim in a regular vehicle (no truck or 4 wheel drive needed), and you can walk right down to the water on either side of the river.

There are two parts of the claim; the upper part, which has a hardpack gravel bar that hasn't moved since it was put there back in the hydraulicing days (150 years ago), and there is the lower part of the claim that is loose gravels that are costantly being moved by the rise and fall of the mostly controlled waterflow.

The hard pack gravel on the upper has distinct layers, and if you can get down deep enough, you might be able to find some good pay layers. There is a wash that comes around the back side of the gravel bar that you can pump from for boming/highbanking away from the river's edge. The waterflow of the Bear river here is almost entirely controlled by the Nevada Water District, and usually pretty consistent.

The lower part appears to be the most promising, since it is where the river widens, and it is right below the confluence of Steephollow creek and the Bear River. It is perfect for highbanking, but getting the equipment in/out is the only problem. Either you have to bring it down via a 30 foot cliff, or wait until October thu February when the waterflow has dropped and you can drive right up to it in your 4x4 by crossing the river.

This is not your typical river claim. Most of the material was put in place in a fraction of an instant (in geological time). This is all hydraulic mine tailings, so you will not find gold in the bedrock at the edge of the river. I estimate the river gravels to to be at least 100 feet thick, so if you can get to the bottom of that, then you might find some bedrock gold. 

This is basically 2 claims in one. The lower part of the claim will have loose packed paySTREAKS from the rise and fall of the water flow, and the upper part will have hard packed payLAYERS from back when it was 'put' there 150 years ago.

Here is a link to the pictures that were taken when we had our club outing on it back in early April.

I feel this claim would be great for a club, or group of 'newbies', since it has such easy access, plenty of parking/camping, and a regulated waterflow.

If you are interested in the claim or know someone who is, just send me a message here with your phone number, or post something here and I will send you my email and phone number so you can contact me.

Rich

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

September 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

"GOLDSTRIKE"

YOU FIRM, OR ARE YOU TAKING OFFERS?

--

EUREKA!

September 16, 2011 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

rich i ran in to a guy named jim  at the san fernando valley prospectors that was looking for claims I will pm you his number

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

September 16, 2011 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Hey Mike, I'm pretty firm on the price. I really don't want to sell it, but for the right price (what I am asking), I'll let it go.

I still kinda hope for some miracle to allow me to dregde it. I'm sure there is some good gold under all that gravel and water.

J: Thanks for the info about the potential buyer. I'll give him a call.

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

September 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

I went to a chapter meeting for sfvgpaa and there might be hope please contact plp for the information regarding this hope all california prospectors need!     im interested lemme see what i can do!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

September 17, 2011 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

rich have you asked the nfs about equipment restrictions? claim is worth 1000 easy

--

J.Osgood

EBP

September 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

frank

rich.....very much interested in your claim on the bear. hopefully its still for sale. im a member of several clubs who would love to have access to it. please give me a call, frank @ 2098345539===5107170147. if not available, do you have others? we MUST stick together.

March 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

This looks like a beautiful place to camp! I would buy it just for the camping! :D and keep it open to Eastbay members!

April 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JD

is this claim still for sale?

June 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.