Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > For Sale/Wanted to buy > Need a river sluice by next weekend

mmccullough

I was wondering if there were any local shops that I could just go by and purchase a sluice for my trip next week or if somone has one I could buy that would work to. I"m agfraid if i order one online it might not arrive in time.

Thanks,

Matt

September 16, 2011 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Matt,

Please check out The Gold Pan, California in Concord http://goldpancalifornia.com/

There is a storefront Open M-F 10-5

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

September 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mmccullough

I've tried calling the number on there website (925) 825-GOLD (4653) a few times and just get a voice mail for racheal gun, is this place still in business?

September 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Matt,

The gold pan is in business. Mike and Rachael Dunn are there, having returned from dredging in Oregon.  He made my sluice, and it works good. He's usually there about 9:30 or 10 AM on Saturday mornings demo-ing how to pan. I'd recommend you go by there, call first if you want to lessen the risk of him not being there. good luck, sourdough joe

September 16, 2011 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry

They also own the chocolate store at the front of the building, there is someone there all the time

--
September 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mmccullough
Went by ther today and everything was closed at the mining shop. I then went to the chocolate shop and they said that there so was getting married and wasn't sure when it would be back open. they said maybe Monday. I'll try tomorrow. You would have thought there would have been a sign or answering machine stating when they would be back.
September 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Matt,

Sorry to hear your trip didn't work out. you could borrow my sluice if you can't get one before you take off.

/s/ sourdough joe

--

September 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.