Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > Oct 15-16 club outing

HurtHawk

Grab your pencils and mark your calendars for the Oct.15th& 16th outing. This will be my last outing as club outing coordinator and I plan to make it a real who-rang-louie. We have been seeing some nice gold coming off our #155 claim as shown on my videos ("Labor Day Gold" and "Greg and Julio at the Claim" posted right here on our website). This means members attending the outing should have a good chance at getting decent gold.

We will be having a metal detecting contest and I am donating a piece of Tuolumne county specimen gold as first prize.

I just saw a forest service guy who told me the campfire restriction has been lifted as long as you have a fire permit (available online for free) so we can plan on a great campfire gathering on Sat. night.

Camping spots will be plentiful and the area is very family friendly  (restroom available). So start making your plans to attend.

The  outing will be held at the club claim on the middle

fork of the Tuolumne river. It will start at 9AM Sat. but if

anyone wants to come on Fri and secure a campsite feel free to

do so. There are numerous campsites available and a restroom on

site.

Directions from Oakdale

Follow Hwy 108/120 to the Hwy 120 Yosemite turnoff. Stay on hwy

120 approx 15 minutes past Groveland and turn left on Cherry

Lake Road. Just past San Jose Camp you turn right through a

green Forest Service gate and follow the signs to the claim.

Campground and toilet at the claim and easy access to the

water. Highbankers OK and enough water flow for sluices.

Rick (HurtHawk)

October 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Thanks Rick! I went to meetup and signed up. I am sure you encourage folks to do so too.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

October 3, 2011 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mikep691

I'm in as well.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

--

I Owe, I Owe, So off to work I go.

October 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I'll be there....8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

October 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt

Anyone remember how the dirt road was? I would like to bring my RV but can not remember how flat the road was..anyone have input?

October 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Matt, I was there last weekend and the ruts in the road are deep in two places. With this rain we just received and will receive it might make it a little more difficult to drive a RV into the area. Send Hurt hawk and email and ask him if he has been there this past weekend or planning to go this weekend to give you more info on the road condition.

Gary

October 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Matt, my dad and I used to go on some pretty crazy roads in his motorhome. They have pretty good clearance, so the ruts shouldn't be a problem as long as you take it slow.

P.S. In May, Scotty and I each made it back there in our 2wd cars when it was still wet and 'rutty'.

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

October 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

Rachel and I make it in the mini van fine. I see motor homes back there all the time When in doubt fill in the hole.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

October 5, 2011 at 3:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mikep691

Sorry folks, I have to back out of the outing.  I forgot about the registration on my van and it's due this week.  That's gonna take all my reserve camping monies.

--

I Owe, I Owe, So off to work I go.

October 5, 2011 at 6:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HurtHawk

I will be making a couple of trips to check the road conditions  next week .I will post the results  so everyone can make appropriate plans.

Rick (HurtHawk)

October 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry

Rick, I was looking at Map Quest and there are at least two Cherry Lake Rd turn offs on the left side of 120, are there signs to the San Jose camp?

--
October 7, 2011 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

terry . cherry lake rd is  past rainbow pools after the bridge that crosses the toulmne river. here is a google map link i made for you that should get you as close as possible to the claim.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Oakdale,+CA&daddr=Forest+Route+1S30&hl=en&sll=37.838361,-119.988513&sspn=0.017183,0.042014&geocode=FcNFQAIdzgTM-CnvbS6uHviQgDGYhi6CmSp_Og%3BFblhQQIdzzfZ-A&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=h&z=10

It should be known that old priest grade should only be taken if you have full trust your vehicle will not overheat. if your vehicle is questionable, you should take the new priest grade wich is just past the old priest grade...

--

J.Osgood

EBP

October 7, 2011 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lenny

Lenny and Diane we went up on the 15 to the 17 with our R V 22 Ft.Go slow made it fine.

--

October 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lenny

Sorry  we forgot  say Sept 15 to17 at the 155 claim.

--

October 7, 2011 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Franken Prospector

I am a new member and I forgot to ask if I can bring my wife and kids (they are not members)?

I will be there next weekend.

October 8, 2011 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Star

Outings are open for all to attend, Only need to be a (paid)member if you are visiting the claims on your own time. During the outing though please feel free to bring your whole crew. :D The more the merrier!

--

Cool and rich like silt from a riverbed.

October 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

hows it goin star you gonna make this on?

--

J.Osgood

EBP

October 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Star

Heya J.  Yep, I talked with Dave today and we set our plans. Going to be up for a few days if we can swing it.  You?

--

Cool and rich like silt from a riverbed.

October 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

yeah im gonna make it up saturday with my buddy dave and stay thru tuesday possibly..    I was thinking of goin up to the gravel bar and working that see what comes out, and goin to the south end of the claim and poke around that way..  be good to get out to the diggins and raise some H e double el for a bit .. c-u there

--

J.Osgood

EBP

October 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I think Im going up on Thursday. Maybe....    8)

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

October 9, 2011 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.