Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > For Sale/Wanted to buy > Wanted: Keene A52P. Any local shops selling this?

Rich68

Here is the link to the sluice:

http://www.keeneeng.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=A52P&Category_Code=GPHSS

It is a portable sluicebox. Not looking for 'something like it'. I want THIS one.

I need to know where I can get it 'tomorrow', instead of ordering it and waiting 2 weeks, only to have it arrive just in time for the rains to finally start...

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

December 28, 2011 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kyle
Not a local shop but ships out of southern California if they have it in stock standard shipping usually only takes 2 days. Make sure to call in your order and ask if they have it first. Good luck. http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/kefoslboxn.html
December 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Did you call Gold Pan Ca?

December 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

How about Black Sheep Mining in Sacramento.  Jerry EPB member owns and runs the shop

2440 Fulton Avenue #8 (El Camino Blvd. is the nearest cross street), Sacramento, CA 95825

Hours

Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

About

For all of your Prospecting & Rock Hounding equipment needs!!!

Description

Our webpage is a work in progress!! please use our phone number, email, or drop by the store if you need immediate assistance!

Contact us at:

(916) 489-4653 (GOLD)

[email protected]

Parking

Street

Parking Lot

Email

[email protected]

Phone

916 489 4653 (GOLD)

Website

http://blacksheepmining.com

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

December 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus

I just saw that sluice but I can't remember if it was a black sheep or if it was at SW Mining in Auburn. One of those places had it though.

--

Gold Fever Survivor.  The only treatment for Gold Fever is MORE GOLD! :D

December 28, 2011 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene

We have one of those, bought it at Pioneer Mining in Auburn

December 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Did you call Gold Pan, CA?

December 29, 2011 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Thanks all for your posts. I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow at Black Sheep Mining in Sacramento on my way to the BLM.

--

December 29, 2011 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jerry butler

I do have the a52p in stock at black sheep mining in sacramento

-jerry

January 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Thanks Jerry. I bought it from you last week. Haven't had a chance to use it yet though. Looking forward to using it this weekend at the club outing.

--

January 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Well, it took me a few weeks to get out and try the darn thing, but I finally got it wet.

I put it together at home before I ever used it, to make sure I had all the parts and so that I could learn how it goes together when time wasn't an issue.

To be honest, when I first put it together I wasn't impressed with how 'flimsy' it was (it easily twists) and was cocerned that it would be difficult to set it up in the river without having the waterflow level at the top, but dipping to the left or right at the bottom.

I was also concerned that being made of plastic and rubber it would be prone to a short lifespan.

Now that I have used it, here is my review:

First off, I am VERY impressed with how it captured the gold. I took it to a claim that I knew almost exactly how much gold to expect for the amount of gravel processed. It captured everything as far as I am concerned, and the concentrates that were left in the sluice were way less than a standard sluice.

It was much easier to clean out too. No disassembly or re-assembly. Only had to splash some water up on it with the bottom end in a bucket.

Since it is more flexible than a standard sluice, it was a LITTLE more difficult to set up. But once I got it's 'bed' set up in the river, it was easy to clean out and throw right back in place.

This thing works the material a little differently than a regular sluice too, which freaked me out, thinking I was losing all my gold.

No gold ever showed up in the 'black mat' area at the top of the sluice, it retains very little material in the riffles, and mainly only collects the material in the center channel.

Even though it processes material differently, it collects the gold just as good as any other sluice.

As for the longevity of it, only time will tell, but I am definitely pleased with it's performance.

--

January 31, 2012 at 3:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.