Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome Folks!! > Hi!

Mark W

Hey all, just got back from 3 days of prospecting up in Eldorado County. Just found some small flakes. Took a while to figure out how to setup the sluice and all that.

It is a lot of work, but fun. I think every Californian should spend a weekend prospecting for gold to learn a little about the hard work our state was founded on.

Hope to see some of you out there!

Mark

--

Prospecting for gold is like abalone diving. You never know when you will find the next prize

July 2, 2012 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance
Mark, At least you found some gold on your outing! My first outing I was sunked after a hard day of work! Hey hope to see you at the outing next weekend at the 154/155 claims! Gary
--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

July 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Hi Mark! Sometimes you find it sometimes you don't :D  Erich and I have been mostly lucky, we've only had one outing at which we didn't find anything lol!  It's the adventure of being out there and the excitement of the chase that's the most rewarding thing about prospecting :)

--

" :)"

July 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cubby

Hey Gary it was a pleasure meeting you and Mike in Union Flat Hope to see you guys again soon...Doug, Tim and Bruce

July 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Hey, You guys thank you for turning Michael and me onto the area where you were diggings! We moved the larges rocks and found some good gold which savalaged our trip to Downnieville. I will send you guys a picture of the gold we found.

--

July 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sluicy

Hey Gary - glad to hear it worked out!  It was great meeting you and Mike. Bruce has a pic of the gold we found there at Union Flat. Will try to post it. Weight was 1/2gram for about 2 days work. See you soon...Tim (Doug aka Cubby, and Bruce)

July 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sluicy

Gary, Here is the gold we recovered in the spot at Union Flat CG. (Tim, Bruce, Doug)

July 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Nice gold guys!! I will post what Michael and I got from the same location as soon as I log onto my other computer.

--

July 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DigDug

Hi Mark, it sure is fun getting out there, finding gold and learning all the history of gold mining. Gary and I checked out the museum in Downieville this past weekend and it amazes me what they accomplished to get the gold 160 years ago.

Great to hear from you Tim, Bruce and Doug. Thank you so much for showing Gary and I your spot, it truly saved the trip. That hole started out really hot, but cooled down a bit the further we dug. We didn't have time to get to the bottom of those bedrock ridges, where I bet some nice chunkers are just waiting to be free.

Hope you guys make it out again and come up with us near Yosemite. Hook up those tickets Mr Southwest!

Sorry for the hijack Mark haha

-Michael

July 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jennifer

hey mike hello!**...

July 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jennifer

what haoppened mike, many places for possible gold, but i know for sure the  near well its miles down accross a bridge off foresthill rd. used to be free camping but there are still some over there......anyway..you were gonna tell me what rick says about panning sonora pass nevada he wont know... i guess but io could research for future i will go once i know and would like as you will to get the same sluice you devised.....

--

July 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Tim, Bruce and Doug, I just posted the pictures I took during our stay at Union Flat at Downeiville. Enjoy!

--

July 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.