Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome Folks!! > Hello East Bay GPAA

joel1316

Hello All,

Thanks for allowing me to post here.  Me and my son has been panning for gold for a few months nows.  We actually bumped into GPAA when we were panning near the Bear River campgrounds.  Got a lot of good information on how to get started....

Bought our first Keene sluice box this past Saturday and hope that a lot of the gold didn't get washed out, haha.

Hope to be a contributing member one day, but for now I'm all ears  :  )

July 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Welcome! Why no name?

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

July 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Sorry about the intro and no name  : )

My name is Joel and I live in Pittsburg.

July 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Welcome Joel.  FYI there is a club meeting this Thursday the 12th at 6:30p at the Oasis Christian Fellowship in Pleasant Hill.  Hope to see you there!

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

July 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Hello Ramos,  thank you for he heads up, I will try to attend the meeting.  How long do the meeting usually last? Can/Do kids attend sometimes?

My 11 year old son is who I blame for Gold Fever : )

July 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Welcome aboard Joel. Bring that young miner to the meeting. This is a good hobby for kids to keep them focused on family fun and the great outdoors. The meetings run from 6:30pm until about 8:30 if you stay for the fund raiser raffle. If you reply again, before you hit  "Post Reply" look below where in says (edit ) next to Include my signature. Select (edit) and it will take you to where you can put your name as your signature that will appear on your posts.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

July 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Thanks Dale, if I'm able to change some appointments and some honey-do's, we'll make it to the meeting Thursday....

We are headed to Bear River this weekend, gotta make sure the lawn is mowed, fence is fixed and do some Cub Scouting work... I'm the Cubmaster for my son's Pack.

--

Joel

July 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Jole just a heads up. The weather is maked to be 94 on saturday at bear wich means 100+ and the club claim in groverland is Marked at 93. The plus side of the claim is trees. I'm getting a day pass from the fam and was thinking of hitting my new favorit spot at bear(more gold in 3 hours in this spot then 2 days at bar) but the cover of trees at the claim is calling me.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

July 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Hi Bear, thanks for the heads up.

We were at Bear last Saturday and it indeed get HOT.  Having our feet in the water and seeing a little in the black mat kept us cool.  We hope to do that again this weekend, with a dip in the river if it gets over 100.

Good luck this weekend!

--

Joel

July 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

just a reminder the club calim has great trout fishing

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

July 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Where to find time for fishing? hahaha

I hope to be at Lake Hogan soon, just waiting for the Striper bite to turn on.

--

Joel

July 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Sorry, was not able to make the meeting last night... Hopefully next month.

--

Joel

July 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

I plan to attend the meeting next Thursday.  Is there anything I need to bring? Money?

--

Joel

July 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Bring A friend and some cash for the raffle

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

July 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Sounds good!  No friend yet, just my son....  Getting to meet lots of people at Bear, great people in this hobby, but none from the East Bay yet.  We'll be there on Thursday.

--

Joel

July 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Come to the meeting and ask about the club claims. Our August Outing is at one of them :D

--

" :)"

July 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

I'll be there Thursday : )

--

Joel

July 31, 2012 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.