Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Meet others to prospect/detect > August 4-6

ryanlarkin

I will be in the San Francisco area with my family from aug 4-7 2012. I was wondering if there was anything in the area that is close enough to metal detect or pan for some gold.

My email is [email protected] if you know of anywhere I can take them.

Thanks for your help

July 24, 2012 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Hi Ryan,

I just replied to the email you send the club email address explaining distance and timeframes to gold country. When I get an answer on my time and distance questions, I will have a better idea of what's available for options and respond.

(To the membership: I suggested Ryan google map the Bear River to see if the 3+ hour drive from the City was doable within his trip timeframes. I'll wait and see for his answer before we get down the road too far here.)

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

July 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Hi Ryan, don't metal detect at Ocean Beach, or anywhere in San Francisco if you go to the City.  Metal Detecting is frowned upon and the Rangers at the beach will take your gear if they catch you.

--

" :)"

July 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

When I visited SF a while back I went to ocean beach and found some nice fully round sand dollars.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

July 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Did they have angels in them Jere-Miner? :D

--

" :)"

July 26, 2012 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

not that im aware but they might have been mermaid eggs?

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

July 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

billd

Hi Ryan...

I'll be at Bear River 8/3 - 8/6 and you're welcome to join me. I'll have some extra equipment that you're welcome to use. Let me know and I'll give you more details, if your interested.

Bill

July 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Bild, Havn't you seen the gold found at the 155 claim? There is plenty of camp sites, that are FREE and no one will o through your campsite to steal your stuff!! Most of all you find a good rock todig behind and you will get good gold, ie. see pictures I have posted!!

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

July 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

billd

Thanks for the suggestion Gary. Bear River is closer for me, and the plans for this weekend are locked in. After looking at the pictures, I'll have to fit a trip up there into my summer / fall plans.

July 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.