Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sept Outing Location Change / Email Blast

DaleMyer
Administrator

The following email blast went out Thursday night @ about 9:12 PM:

*************** Willow Creek///  CHANGED TO: BEAR RIVER*************

* * * EBP September Outing Location Sat, Sept 8th, 2012 has been changed* * *

Due to the cost, limited camping sites, distance and other feedback, the September outing has been changed to Bear River

Directions to Bear River Outing From the Bay Area:
(please excuse the March reference if you saw it via email)

Take I-80 East out of Auburn. About 12 miles past Auburn you will exit on Exit #133 (Canyon Way exit). Turn left on Placer Hills Rd and follow it for around 1- 1.5 miles until you come to Plumtree Rd. Turn right on Plumtree Rd. and follow it down to the river. As soon as you get to the first parking lot on the river, you have arrived. Please look for the canopy and banner. Come early, stay late, and most of all have a great time!!

Sincerely,

Dale Myer

East Bay Prospectors Communications Director
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let me know if you did not recieve this same message via email. Webs.com, our host, is "working on the problem" but any feedback is helpful.

Dale

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

August 31, 2012 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

As usual, any complaints about this change in plans must be submitted, in writting, on the back of a fifty dollar bill, and sent to the communications director.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

August 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316
Is this a day trip?
--

Joel

August 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator
The "outing" is a day trip. I know there are camping options there if you wish to stay longer.
--

Dale "Bear" Myer

August 31, 2012 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stormscrambler

any one want to car pool and who is going to camp there?

--

i would rather sleep out side :D

September 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Since I don't have a $50 on me, I'll just have to leave my 2 cents here...

I think that the club needs to better plan the monthly group outings. The outings should be pretty much set in stone at least a month in advance so people can make plans (AND RESERVATIONS) ahead of time. For example: by the time we have our September meeting, we should have the October outing FINALIZED and on the calendar with directions and dates.

This last minute planning we've had lately sucks. How is anyone supposed to make plans to attend the outing if they don't even know the real name of the location (Green River was actually Greewood Creek), or the 'tentative' location gets changed?

We need more variety for the outings as well. Yeah, the club bought claims for the club members to use, but there are PLENTY OF OTHER PUBLIC PLACES to mine than Bear River Public Access and the 154/155. (For example: South Yuba, and the American River. Both have many locations with good gold, and have easy access. Even with the S. Yuba being hands and pans, there is still great gold to be found.)

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

September 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Rich..... im onboard with you. Its hard to make plans on the fly. I will not be going to the outing for the fact i just got back from the bear.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

September 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken Liddle-----Liddle Prospector

Another way to Bear River. I-80 East from Auburn. Take the West Weimar Crossroads exit. Go north over the overpass 1.5 miles to Placer Hills Rd. Turn right and go 2.5 miles to Plum Tree Rd. Turn left ,campground is at the bottom 

PS . On placer Hills Rd. You are also going to pass Dog Bar Rd this is a open area to.

September 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joanne V

I agree with your Rich, plans need to be better organized.

--

I am a Insurance, Bookkeeper, and Paralegal and I love to gold mine. So lets have fun all.

Joanne "The Revenue Hunter"

September 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Everyone,

The outings were set in stone at the first of the year! But things have changed and so did the price of gas! Today the average is $4.15 at the gas stations. Some of the spots chosen were booked months before we had a chance to inquire about reservations.

Also,

It would be nice IF more club members actually come out to the outings! When was the last time you actually made it to a scheduled outing? Our average club participation is 15 members at the outings this includes friends and wives!

If you own a claim and want to have an outing there, all you have to do is notify me or Joe W. and we can add it to the calendar. It easy to harp on a problem, but better to come up with solution or alternative as a concerned club member!

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

September 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

billd

I don't see this posted on the Meet Up website. Looks like I'll finally get to an outing this year. Will we be meeting at the usual spot, at the East? end of the parking lot (closest to the restroom) around 8?

September 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Gary, the location for 2 of the last 4 outings were changed, and at last minute. That is not the definition of set in stone.

What does the price of gas have to do with changing the location of the outing? If the location is set, let the members choose whether they can afford to make it, choose to carpool, or just stay home.

And purely my opinion, but when you have an outing in the same location 3 months in a row, that is probably your reason for such a low turnout.

If you need help finding locations for outings, speak up. There are plenty of members that have been mining for years and know of alternate locations where good gold can be found. It is not necessary for the club to go to personal claims. There are plenty of public access areas that have good gold too (other than the Bear River).

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

September 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Richard,

Your right! All club members have a right for input into the club outings also! The club board starts planning outing in November and December, so all club members should start submitting thier suggestions to me or any board member to add to the outings calendar for next year. Richard, please suggest area's to have an outing as a club we are always looking for new areas to prospect! Gas price does make a differnce. When Club members in Silcon Valley area want to go to the Yuba river area it's a 500 mile round trip and if you go for the only a day, gas prices make a big difference for the time you have to prospect.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

September 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

So i wrote this all on the back of 2 pennies..... When folks that have very little spare time in there life make plans as far in advance as possible, small changes like this real (insert any fun word) things up. I planned on going to Willow because it would give us all something to do. I play in the water and my family stay in Nevada City.  With that sounding good to my family as a plan we made plans for that.

And now all that has gone to (insert fun word here). So yes, this not really set in stone tell the week of is getting a bit well......................... I'll set in stone to support the club by attending meetings and posting help on here. but tell things get settled and a bit more stable with dates, I'll plan my own outings.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

September 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

billd at September 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I don't see this posted on the Meet Up website. Looks like I'll finally get to an outing this year. Will we be meeting at the usual spot, at the East? end of the parking lot (closest to the restroom) around 8?

yes, that'll be the spot, i'll be there to sign folks "in" for the outing.

i apologize for the inconvenience this last minute change has caused.

i'm not sure how many folks had their plans upset, but i'd like to know if there were any reservations made for "Willow Creek" that were cancelled due to this change.  thanks in advance for this info.

sourdough joe

--

September 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerploink

I support the change decision, but thats just my personal circumstance.  I can now attend and look forward to seeing you guys. 

September 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

What time are we meeting at bear?

--

September 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator
Sign in starts about 8am in the parking end nearest the outhouse.
--

Dale "Bear" Myer

September 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

I hope you all have a good time.. I for one cannot make it to the bear rive.. I will be going to the 155..  good luck to all who attend..

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

September 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

just posted the pics of the gold extracted by Blind Bob, Fred and Sourdough Joe, nearly a gram.  Hey, it more than paid for gas!! for the car, not for me. lol.

Had a good time, was glad to see all the folks that made it.  Also met some new folks not in the club. 

Pucky, Greg, the horse shoe guy, says, hello. Greg had Jeremy with him and also said there was a gold shop now in Colfax. fyi.

--

September 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.