Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome Folks!! > Hi EBGP

Tom Cullen

I've been a life-long backpacker, starting with hunting trips with my father back when I was a kid, and then moving on to bigger trips with the Scouts. After moving to CA 25 years ago, I found much more open space to wander around on than I've ever seen, and much of it has gold in it.

Bought myself a 10" plastic pan to carry around with me, as it weighs next to nothing and can be used for more than panning. I've backpacked through musch of the NF and BLM lands in the Sierras, M. Lode, northern parts of the state, and everywhere in between. Pulled flour gold from places not known for it - and need to revisit these places with better equipment!)

I've recently decided to try to ramp up a bit, so I've just joined the GPAA and also signed up here. Looking around for others who are interested in doing the kind of prospecting I like to do - off the grid, walk miles to a claim or spot, and be fully self contained to spend a couple days out there.

A few days ago, I recieved the GPAA membership kit, and noticed that there are a few sites / claims that seem to fit the bill. Has anyone been to these claims and what were your impressions?

Thanks for your comments, and I look forward to meeting you.

P.S. Unfortunately I'm booked each wednesday nights, and most likely will not be able to attend meetings. Any alternatives? Will try and make it to an outing soon.

September 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Welcome aboard Tom!  I'm pretty new myself, great group of people here.

If your willing to teach, I'd love to go on multi day/prospecting trips with you.  Meetings are held during the second Thursday of the month  : )

--

Joel

September 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Welcome to the club

FYI, the meetings are the FIRST Thursday of the month.  Here is a link to the Club Calendar for your reference:  
http://www.freewebs.com/eastbaygpaa/apps/calendar/

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

September 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

joel1316 at September 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Welcome aboard Tom!  I'm pretty new myself, great group of people here.

If your willing to teach, I'd love to go on multi day/prospecting trips with you.  Meetings are held during the second Thursday of the month  : )

Sorry for the misinformation.

Meetings are held during the FIRST Thursday of the month : )

--

Joel

September 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Tom,

welcome to the club.

specifically, which claims, sites are you asking about? the're easy enough to ck in the claims guide if we know which you're interested in.

thanks, sourdough joe

--

September 27, 2012 at 1:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom Cullen

Ah, thanks for the info on meeting nights - it would be a rare occasion I'd be able to go. Single father, two teens with heavy homework loads during weeknights :(.

As far as claims go, I've never worked one. Never even been to places like Bear River or Auburn SRA. I have been out on BLM and NF land, far from roads, and found a little fine au. Usually in places not known for having any.

I may go check out Bear or one of the GPAA claims this weekend, and see how that compares to what I've done in the past.

September 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.