Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > Mineral Bar Outing

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Would love to see a outing there this summer. The Gold is bigger, spotty yes, but I have sent many club member's to areas by only a few directions and they always find gold.  i have seen better gold in person from Mineral then another public easy to get to Location. My 2 cents and will bring it up at the next meeting.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

December 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

I believe we'll be asking for inputs on the February outing at the January meeting so your timing is good. If you or any member wants to help organize one of the monthly outings, we're looking for hosts that can lead us to a spot where there's enough parking etc. for a day outing. We've got the 154/155 for multi-day campouts but it's hard hard to come up with fresh places for one-day outings without some help. Thanks for the suggestion.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

December 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Bradly,

If you could send me the iformation and location of Mineral Bar and i will put the outing together with your help!

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

December 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mineral-Bar-Campground/191303794253930

MINERAL BAR

(off Iowa Hill Road)

On the east side of the North Fork American River, where the Colfax Iowa Hill Road crosses the river. There are 18 designated campsites with tables, firepits, and dry toilets. No drinking water is available. A narrow paved road serves the campground. There is a 14 day camping limit. Dogs are allowed.

Directions:  From Hwy 80 in Colfax exit at Canyon Way, head north on Canyon way turn right onto Iowa Hil Rd. 3 mile paved road to sites and river. 

Fees: $28.00 year-round per night. One extra vehicle allowed per campsite is $10.00 per night.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

December 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

http/www.panoramio.com/photo/14594988

https/www.facebook.com/pages/Mineral-Bar-Campground/191303794253930

MINERAL BAR

(off Iowa Hill Road)

On the east side of the North Fork American River, where the Colfax Iowa Hill Road crosses the river. There are 18 designated campsites with tables, firepits, and dry toilets. No drinking water is available. A narrow paved road serves the campground. There is a 14 day camping limit. Dogs are allowed.

Directions:  From Hwy 80 in Colfax exit at Canyon Way, head north on Canyon way turn right onto Iowa Hil Rd. 3 mile paved road to sites and river. 

Fees: $28.00 year-round per night. One extra vehicle allowed per campsite is $10.00 per night.

Here is some info. Use this to search for videos. mineral bar gold prospecting

Highbankers are now allowed  to be used above the bridge as well as down stream from the bridge. I will Double check with Frank at Pioneer Mining.

The road down to the bar is..... Hmm not to RV Friendly. Steep and tight turns. I have made this trip many, many times. The river runs high from Feb- May/June, that's when the Rafters are in their prim. The water right now, will be low and very cold. Ground is probably frozen( was last year at this time). Might be a good mid summer  Club trip. The 2 Pics posted are of the spots that produce the best but water must be low to get the chunky stuff.

I will be going this summer, hopefully with my family.

I had to repost the whole thing,  ran out of time on my edit

--

December 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heres what i got back from the  last person I gave up my good spots to had to say about Mineral Bar.(after seeing what he got from there... I no longer kiss and tell.

Brad, Havent talked to you in awhile, just wanted to follow up on your advice about Mineral bar. I have been working an area where you have recommended //////////////////and a sample shovel has turned into a hole that is about 25 feet in diameter. I have been following the bedrock which is 3 to 5 feet down and I am pulling some really good gold out. I am averaging about 4 pennyweight a day. Thank you for the recommendation.

--

December 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Bradley, Great suggestion and I have sent the information you supplied to the EBP board members today. I never been to Mineral Bar and would like to check it out and get some gold.

--

December 29, 2012 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Nice!  Gold star for Bradley!  Anybody have a March/April/May suggestion?? We constantly need inputs for new spots that can handle a group outing.  Thanks again Bradley!

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

December 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale. How about Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park.the Club has had outings at a pans & hands location, how about one that has some real history and gold. I have stuck a pan in the first spot i could get to near the old mill and have found color. This might be good for folks who are in the club that have not been out  before. The allure of getting historical gold. Plus easy to get to.

--

December 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Sounds good. Any suggestions should be funneled through Gary Chance our outings Coordinator so we can have places to discuss at the meetings. As I said above, we constantly need suggestions for outing locations. Oh and try to suggest places where hand crank trommels are allowed. =)

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

December 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Bradley,

Do you have any notion about what the water level might be at Min Bar in winter? I know their are websites that give water levels at given places but I don't have a link or the knowledge to understand the go or no go levels for given spots. If somebody has a good water level website that is easy to understand, I'll add it to the FAQ and other stuff section.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

December 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale. I have a Few and will send them your way when i can find them. They are on my old pc so I'll have to work on that. But my favorite way to see how some places are doing on flow.... YouTube. Folks are always posting vids of where I want to go and I plan accordingly based on what I see.

--

December 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale. I have a Few and will send them your way when i can find them. They are on my old pc so I'll have to work on that. But my favorite way to see how some places are doing on flow.... YouTube. Folks are always posting vids of where I want to go and I plan accordingly based on what I see.

--

December 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance
Bradley, would you rather see an 1 day outing during the winter or a multi day outing during warm weather?
--

January 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale... this is the one  I"believe" is the one one i use.

http://www.theamericanriver.com/trip-planning/north-fork-news-flows/

Gary.. I would start off with a one day trip. Some folks might not like the idea of not being able to bring thier RV down there for the weekend.  I would love to spend the weekend ther, but then again..... I'd love to spend a weekend any where camping. The kids are still a bit young for rivers.

The water as of right now is Low. -900CFS. "Flows are considered best above 900 cfs and below 3000 cfs, but expert boaters run it up to 5500 cfs."

--

January 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

And you can pretty much count on the 100's in the summer when the water is low enough and the Kayakers are out of camp. But it never stopped me. Lots of exposed bedrock for the sun to help you bake.

--

January 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I watched a Delta Gold Diggers Video by Hurthawk on Knight's Ferry would that be a good one day outing for the club?

--

" :)"

January 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

There is better gold on the club claims, I was told.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

james 48

Bradley is right, there is some nice gold at Mineral Bar, We were ther last Feb, I will post some photos.

January 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Thanks Bradley. I put the link of the FAQ and other stuff page for all to reference.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

January 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.