Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome Folks!! > Greetings!

Carolina Mike

Hello everyone my name is Mike. I have yet to ever go out looking for gold but think it sounds like a lot of fun. My wife, kid & I are new to the area and love camping. I always thought it would be something fun for us to do as we are outside kind of people. Maybe being new to this will bring me some luck? LOL Anyway I would like to go to your next meeting but a little confused as to the exact location and time. Is it at 6:30 or 7pm for the meeting? I work a lot M-F but have weekends off and hope to spend those weekends finding some gold. Can't wait to meet you guys & go out looking for gold soon. Not 100% how far away any place to look for gold is from where I live. If anyone can give me an idea how far away I'd be traveling that would be great.

I live out in Vallejo

Mike

January 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Here is the info for the meeting.

Our new meeting location as of Feb 2013:

First Presbyterian Church - Fireside Room

1965 Colfax Street

Concord, CA

Time: 7PM to 9PM

There is a FREE parking garage on Salvio across the street from the entry gate to the patio outside the room.

And here is a place to go. Infact the clubs outing on Feb 16th will be here.

Directions to MINERAL BAR outingDirections:  From Hwy 80 in Colfax exit at Canyon Way, head north on Canyon way turn right onto Iowa Hill Rd. 3 mile paved road to sites and river.

On the east side of the North Fork American River, where the Colfax Iowa Hill Road crosses the river. There are 18 designated campsites with tables, firepits, and dry toilets. No drinking water is available. A narrow paved road serves the campground. There is a 14 day camping limit. Dogs are allowed.

Fees: $28.00 year-round per night. One extra vehicle allowed per campsite is $10.00 per night.

Click here for Google Earth Maps to site and member inputs:

http://www.echs1973.com/Hidden%20Images/EBP/MinBar/MinBarMaps.html

Serach the recent Forums on where others are going and have had luck. Bear River is about a 3 hour drive & Mineral Bar 4.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

January 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolina Mike

Thanks Bradley for the information. I'll see you guys at the Meeting on the 7th and plan to meet up with you guys on the FEB trip.

January 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Yes do come to the February 16 outing! :D

--

" :)"

January 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolina Mike

I'll need to take the day (16th) off from work, but I'm sure that won't be an issue. All I have is my gold pan, shovel, bucket & lots of enthusiasm..... LOL (Yep the new guy) Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

January 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

I will loan you everything you need; No charge, you pick it up and return it to Clayton. You have to post a pic or two and write a short description for this and the Meetup Forum. OK?

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolina Mike

Thanks Pucky, will you be at the meeting on the 7th? I'm not sure what I'll need but I was just going to take a pan for my first time out and kind of watch & help out to see how you guys do it. For me the first trip I was hopeing to use it mainly for learning. I know each trip I'll learn but being new I don't want to do something wrong. Hopefully someone will give me a few pointers :)

January 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

I do not know yet about the meeting as I had surgery yesterday and am to take it really easy for 2 weeks; I think you might benefit by watching some of HurtHawks Video's; Then there is youtube search for anything you desire; From sluicing and panning to whatever; Any questions you may call at a reasonable hour

672 1863

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

All I had a was a pan for our first 4 trips.  Mostly stood around and watched the pro's.  It also gives you the opportunity to find out which equipment you need, before spending lots of money on gear you might not like.

--

Joel

January 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Fred Goodwin

Carolina Mike; Joel is RIGHT ON. It is best to try things before spending lots of money.:)

--

:D  Fred & Tina Goodwin

January 31, 2013 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolina Mike

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to meet you guys & go find some gold. :D

January 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.