Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Recent News on Mining Rights > Oregon Mining in jeopardy

Pucky

The time is rapidly approaching for our legislature to vote on these important bills. As you read them, think about how they can affect your fishing, hiking and camping, also. Please, compose a letter, even a couple of sentences and get them sent out. Thanks for all you do, OREGON's NEXT?If you all don't join to fight then our mining rights and heritage will be lost so please send letters and emails this is an all out war on mining in

Oregon please; BMOA and all mining community needs your help!!Write letters to Senators and Represenatives Copy and paste to emailleft clik at the end of the list and with your pointer scroll up to highlight the complete list, right clik and then copy.

END

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Sen.RodMonro[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] <<<..Left clik here START

A BILL TO PROHIBIT ALL PLACER MINING IN OREGON Sentate bill SB115

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpd ... .intro.pdf SB 370 will will require any one placer mining (on a mining claim?) to pay 125.00 for a new DSL placer mining permit.

mine with out one 30 days in jail, $1250.00 fine or both.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpd ... .intro.pdf

SB 401 will close cow creek, graves creek, quartsville, the Rouge, the South Umpqua and many many more... including Brice creek Text in Black is New

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpd ... .intro.pdf

Writing Tips

A. Open your letter or email with the words: "Dear Senator/Representative ____"

B. Start your letter clearly stating that you oppose SB115, SB370 & SB401 and wish that they do too.

C. Briefly explain why you are against this Bill, and how it will affect you (such as how it will make your property (claims & equipment) worthless, etc.; how it will hurt Oregon's already depressed economy (or your own); how it violates the United States Mining Laws; how it will destroy the Living Heritage of Mining that first settled much of Oregon; how there is no need for such a prohibition; and anything else that comes to mind). Put it in your own words!

You might also mention how making violations a Class A misdemeanor, with possible fines as high as $6,250, one year in jail, or both, is ______________!

D. DO NOT use defamatory or threatening statements – these letters usually go into the trash. Be sincere, respectful, and polite.

E. Write your letter(s) so that they are legible. Letters that are hard to read are usually not read! If you can't write legibly, ask someone to help you. You do not need to be an English scholar, but it does help to read your letter out-loud, or have someone else read it to you, before you send it.

F. Just saying "Please oppose SB115, SB370 & SB401 " is better than saying nothing!

G. Make sure you say "Please make this part of the record for SB115, SB370 & SB401 " and put your name and address at the bottom of your emails or letters. You may also request that your name be added to the contact list of people to be kept informed of any developments regarding SB115, SB370 & SB401.Here is a letter I wrote!

Dear Senator/Representative’s, I and my family are asking you all to Vote NO!!! On Senate Bill115, SB370, and SB401. Myself and others are completely disturbed to see this type legislation back again we as miners and citizens of Oregon have done what has been asked of us by having to buy permits to dredge and follow DEQ's and DSL guidelines, we have been regulated so much that it has taken a tole on our well being, myself as well as others have spent a lot of money in equipment, fuel and other cost related to mining, we spend a lot of time working our claims which is required by BLM. It seems that miners are under attack and it never seems to end. I have been mining since I was 9 years old spent 26 years teaching the public and others about the history about mining and about what mining is now, I have two boys that are doing what I had a chance to do and I'm afraid I won't be able to pass this heritage along to them because the State is wanting to take it all away, we know what mining has done in the past but what we do now does not do what is claimed, we are all patrons of the land and we do not harm the fish and other invertebrates that inhabitat the waters of the state. Most of us have photos or video of fish in the waters we are working feeding on the foods we dislodge, we are fisherman and hunters. My family as well as many others will be drastically be hurt financially and emotionally if this legislation is past, please do not to allow this to take place. I have heard that this legislation is brought back to life because of a personal agenda's if so we as Oregonians stand to loose our heritage and industry because certain persons and groups have an agenda that is going to destroy yet another Oregon industry. We already lost timber revenues because of this same kind of agenda and our county's are all suffering. I hope you all won't let this happen again. Middle class Oregonians are struggling to make it through life already this will make things even harder. Placing a ban on any kind of placer mining “SB115”, charging us more money for the use of public lands “SB370” and making nearly all Oregon waterways scenic “SB401”, this is a outraged attack on mining in this state, seems that since we have a few persons that don't like mining, they are willing to stop at nothing until they get what they want. We voted you all into office to make the right choices if these Bills pass myself, my family and bunch of Oregonians will be in put into financial hardship just because a certain few decided that they don't like mining. With the allegations that has arisen from environmental groups and other anti mining groups and persons, we miners have proven all those allegations to be false but yet these allegations continue and it would be nice to see you all come out and see for yourselves what we do get out of the office enjoy the outdoors help us a little and you’ll be able to keep what you find, don’t allow these bills to pass, Please!! My family and our heritage depend on you!! Thank you for your time Sincerly, Tom Pepiot NEWS!! Go to INFORMATION! Welcome, Gold Prospectors!Hello, Gold seekers happy to have you, come on in and see what we have to offer and you'll see why finding gold is so much fun and Rewarding!!!!! Bohemia Mountain in Oregon    

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

January 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

winching4au

How about a one-time letter including members stories UNDER the Letterhead of a Law Firm - Gauranteed to get a 1,000% more

attention than 10 individual letters. Find out what it would cost, if it's

under 400 dollars, I'll cover it.

January 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

UP-DATE FYI   From   Claudia Wise

Joe Greene and I along with Eben Ray (president of Willamette Valley Miners) and Don Esch (small-scale miner) sat down with Senator Olsen to cover Joe's minority report testimony. I will let Joe tell you about his presentation if he wants to but while we were there I asked Senator Olsen when and if a miners rally would be useful.  He said yes and the earlier the better or at least that's how I took it.  

So we jumped in and decided if we were to get the chance we better act now ... so Millennium Diggers association and Willamette Valley Miners together will sponsor the event (sorry we didn't ask anyone we had to act then to get a reservation). We reserved the steps of the capital for a educational event " Titled "Small-Scale Gold Suction Dredging" for February 28, 2013 from 1 pm to 4 pm. The title can be changed if we determine a better one.  We could just call it "Small-Scale Gold Mining"? 

I will try to change the time to go as late as 5pm.  We would like to see miners step up to bring a dredge to setup and share a variety of dredge sizes would be great and a high banker (I will talk to Louie Frick about doing this presentation).  We can also include other placer mining operations if someone has the knowledge is willing to step up and organize that program.  We will invite all the legislators and staff to come down and join us. We already may have three programs depending on the answers I get from those I have invited to present.  Time is limited.  These presentations all depend on if we can reserve a room.

I will put together a poster presentation on the benefits of gold suction dredging on the environment. That can be outside if the weather permits.  This is a work in progress that is coming together fairly well. Still waiting on some additional information regarding studies done on the environmental benefits of placer mining other than suction dredging so I will see how that falls out and try to include what I can. Anyone with pictures to share please get them to me asap.

Along with our educational factor we would like to see large numbers of miners and friends for a good showing of our support. We really need to get as many as possible and set up car pools or if there are funds to cover it filling some charter buses.  I don't know about how much that would cost but we need to save this industry.  Does anyone know?

Once the event committee gets together (not set up yet) we will put a refined plan together.  We need all your help figuring how to get miners and other supporters here. This is the kicker and most important part of the plan.

Joe gave a presentation to the Oregon Citizens Lobby sponsored Thursday by Lane, Marion and Polk counties with lots of folks present.  They brought two chartered busses loads in with members from Americans For Prosperity, 912 project and Tea Partiers from Eugene to Cottage Grove. I passed a signup sheet around for those that wanted more information on mining comments sent to them and many signed up.  We asked that there organizations come support us at the rally and many were interested.  I told them we need to get a large contingent to this event. We need help with this and ask that all of you invite the chapters from your areas.

Joe is going to call and see if Lars Larson will cover it and help get coverage out to other news stations.  We will try to get it covered by the newspapers also.  I will know in a few days if we have a Pro Videographer to film our event that we can put up on our websites and Utube etc.

Ok I am done for now.  All this has to be done ASAP!!!!  If anyone has special skills to offer let me know.

Claudia Wise

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

February 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

winching4au

Pucky, I want to send a $200 M.O. for gas money, etc. to a vehicle load with ebp sign to attend Salem rally. I know it doesn't begin to cover cost of trip, but somebody must be willing to go. Let me know who to address it to, please. I can't travel.

P.s. - offer is still good on sending letter to Ore. lawmakers under cover of law firm.

February 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Please call me ( Between 8:00 AM and 6:00PM) 925-672-1863

We are trying to put something together and I would like to talk to you about it. Thanks a lot for the offer

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

February 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

winching4au at February 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Pucky, I want to send a $200 M.O. for gas money, etc. to a vehicle load with ebp sign to attend Salem rally. I know it doesn't begin to cover cost of trip, but somebody must be willing to go. Let me know who to address it to, please. I can't travel.

P.s. - offer is still good on sending letter to Ore. lawmakers under cover of law firm.

winching4au,

just to set the record, the EBP club has to discuss and vote and approve any such expediton, rally, or group sanctioned involvement.

there is not going to be another club mtg until 7 Mar. which would be the time to discuss any and all club sponsored activity of this nature.  While all individuals are encouraged to voice their individual support for, or, against, some particular legislation, or court hearing, or CDF&G proposals.  those are individual freedoms, not the voice of the club. so there won't be an ebp sign at the salem rally.

Your generous offer of $$, since you can not travel, would be better used by the Western Mining Alliance,  the new 49ers, or, the PLP in their legal cases.

the club accepts donations, but without strings attached.....

the club has an "open forum" in our mtgs, which would be the opportunity for you, or someone who can travel, to attend our club mtg, and raise this subject for discussion.

Otherwise, any donations of money for gas, food, overnight accommodations, and the like, would be a personal arrangement between you and the other party, without club sanction or approval.

the club encourages folks to stand up and be counted. but, as yet we, the elected board members, and the club members, have not sanctioned, sponsored, or approved the "club" to wade into those deep legal waters. Frankly, we do not have sufficient funds to start another lawsuit, or get ourselves on the environmentalists' radar as a target.

this is open for discussion since it is the club who decides, not just me.

thanks for your understanding. EB Prospectors President, Sourdough Joe

--

February 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

winching4au

That sounds fine with me. If individuals, standing alone, can make the trip, or if it comes down to donating it to PLP or WMA, that's OK.

I just know the more bodies in Salem, the better. Something we had trouble doing in Sacramento. Richard E.

February 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

From a email:

The leaders of the Oregon Ralley report they have enough equipment (dredges etc.) so please do not bring any additional equipment unless you have prior coordinated it.

Do bring yourself and your friends.  We look forward to seeing you there.

V/R   The Mining Alliance

FYI; a trip would take over 20 hours  and many miles; & I Posted for your info as to what's going on in the mining comunity. I do hope folks pass it on to others FYI and those who can take the time and go could plan such a trip.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

February 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

There are some good legislative up-dates posted today  at the ICMJ  web site;

http://www.icmj.com/article.php?id=2312&keywords=Legislative_and_Regulatory_Update ;

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

February 26, 2013 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

And there is a newsletter from the WMA too 

http://westernminingalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/WMA-Feb-2013-Newsletter.pdf ;

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

February 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Another newsletter from ICMJ just received:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=v5cglzdab&v=001p_xH-twv5vXECJVZFCDUvh5u6Wlvwa8JF5dKZN9h4r9AOUZwdlwUiKtPcpXhCy4fYMVtFC3RZmLqw5sK05lv1wKMDZzeqcKqG8Xt-sa_ouE0IltE8dK9s525lGaIdSIi_1hNCwfxGThdd0t_OV-NRM9xa06x01e1CadTQWnltY2UuWKZ-CBvb3lZuB8taa8jhkmX7N3rZ1JE9HI7lN3lE09jGVkC5uH__0Eh2joiL-5gu6wZCYSvj9bEQMNNYxM21M2GrkzZnGb-kjImsEeV4g%3D%3D

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

February 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

From Kerby Jackson,     Had a good turn out at the Salem Rally. Best estimates were that 400 to 500 miners were present. Lots of good speakers, including four state senators who came out to support us. Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera bit the dust and I got nowhere near the amount of video/photos that I wanted to get. One of the organizations hosting the event shot video of all the speakers (myself included), which I hope will be available in entirety shortly.

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

March 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Sourdough Joe at February 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM

winching4au at February 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM

winching4au,

just to set the record, the EBP club has to discuss and vote and approve any such expediton, rally, or group sanctioned involvement.

there is not going to be another club mtg until 7 Mar. which would be the time to discuss any and all club sponsored activity of this nature.  While all individuals are encouraged to voice their individual support for, or, against, some particular legislation, or court hearing, or CDF&G proposals.  those are individual freedoms, not the voice of the club. so there won't be an ebp sign at the salem rally.

Your generous offer of $$, since you can not travel, would be better used by the Western Mining Alliance,  the new 49ers, or, the PLP in their legal cases.

the club accepts donations, but without strings attached.....

the club has an "open forum" in our mtgs, which would be the opportunity for you, or someone who can travel, to attend our club mtg, and raise this subject for discussion.

Otherwise, any donations of money for gas, food, overnight accommodations, and the like, would be a personal arrangement between you and the other party, without club sanction or approval.

the club encourages folks to stand up and be counted. but, as yet we, the elected board members, and the club members, have not sanctioned, sponsored, or approved the "club" to wade into those deep legal waters. Frankly, we do not have sufficient funds to start another lawsuit, or get ourselves on the environmentalists' radar as a target.

this is open for discussion since it is the club who decides, not just me.

thanks for your understanding. EB Prospectors President, Sourdough Joe

"Otherwise, any donations of money for gas, food, overnight accommodations, and the like, would be a personal arrangement between you and the other party, without club sanction or approval." 

And so recorded; I plan on going to the Meeting,

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

March 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

winching4au

Say hello to Miner Rick and have some fun!

March 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

From a email I received....

The attack to shut down Oregon suction dredging has begun -

Mark Stopher will talk politely to you on the phone. ... Make no mistake, the "stakeholder meetings" are solely for the purpose of Stopher and his friends to ... Stopher with the same curtsey he received from the ranchers in Siskiyou County! ...

March 7- Jackson Co. Public Library, Medford, 6:30 pm.

JCLS Medford Library Branch

205 South Central Avenue

Medford, Oregon 97501

March 7, 2013, 6:30pm

March 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

winching4au

Hey, Pucky any info on the recent expansion of the Jefferson Mining

District? I heard that it now includes all of Ore., the NW part of Nevada, and most of Nor Cal? This is going to help all the miners

to be more powerful, right?

March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

The map is here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=495444213826370&set=a.271714872865973.62720.253717251332402&type=1&theater ;

March 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.