Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Mineral Bar Outing Comments

DaleMyer
Administrator

I closed the Mineral Bar directions pre-outing thread so we could start some fresh comments here. Thanks Bradley for this beautiful easy enough to get to location. I haven't finished by clean up but had four 20+ flakes and saw lots of flood gold in my inspection mat. Took a break in the middle of this post and panned out plus 30's. Everything else is still in the classifiers waiting for the blue bowl. Roughly 25 plus +30's with a good showing of some nice flakes. I expect to see a bit more in the blue bowl as this seems to be typical flood gold. Ditto the sore back comment below and I wish I had time to dig deeper. For a good chuckle, picture this: As paying forward for times I got help from more experienced club members, I gave some spare gloves to one of our guys that left his home and I stopped mining to help a UPI member set up a sluice because he left his waders at home. Helped people out, saw lots of color in the sluice, great day. Where's karma or should I say "car"ma when you need it? Back up top at the checkout, I rolled down my driver's side window to tell somebody I'd be right back. It has over the years, on occasion, come up cockeyed when rolling it back up ever since I bought it new in 2006. Have asked the dealership to fix it many times during new warranty and the purchased extended warranty only to be told, no problem found or you need to lubricate it more. (who lubricates their windows? Anybody? I don't and my other 3 windows work) Anyway, this time when it I lowered it to let it straighten out for another try I heard a clunk. A new clunk. Long story short I drove the 120 miles home with my window down, heater and music up feeling vindicated that I was right and the service people are worthless, wondering how much it will cost me since the warranties are all expired. I will be chatting with the service manager come Monday morning if my ears stop ringing by then.

Again.... GREAT outing and weather for Feburary! Wish more folks could have made it! Definite place to try again.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

February 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Martythesnail

Thanks Dale for the new thread...Bradley Awsome place. Killer sceenery and beautiful CLEAN crisp mountain water, unlike the greenish oose juice flowing over at Bear. Thanks new guy Dan Decarlo for hanging out with me, I believe we did great form what was showing on our sluice mats, cant wait to finish clean up.

Total bodys on sign up=14, Joel and son sorry I missed you 2= but you are counted so total 16 happy prospecters=I know this because every one I talked with was talking "SORE BACK".

68 degrees=beautiful sceenery=Gold + easy access= I will be back very soon but will definatley watch that water flow chart first!

February 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LW

we had a great time found some color in the test pans of the four buckets that i hand pump dredgeg by the bridge. my son and gary, my dad, had a great time too! they both found some floaty gold in their pans. Glad to meet all and looking forward to next month's outing. waiting to find out how george did with his expanded metal on top of his sluice box as a grizzley. hope tp meet more next time and i hope the drive back to ceri was as good as our drive back to santa rosa 2hr 15min...east bound traffic looked horrible.  Happy clean up and be Blessed

February 17, 2013 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolina Mike

I'll start off with "Sore Back"!!! But had a blast out on Mineral Bar. My wife & Son also had lots of fun talking with wonderful people they hung out with. Of course I have to tell Ralf thank you for all your help & sorry I keep calling you "Rob". My wife was laughing at me on the way home in the truck b/c  you had told me a few times your correct name & I missed it. Sorry! I learned a lot during this outing. Even with all my "Sluicing" issues (Thanks to Ralf that got fixed) my test pan had some small picies of gold in it. :) I still have the clean up left to see what (if any goodys) it holds. Best news was my wife had a great time & is looking to run dirt for me while I dig more next time. I think that is ONLY b/c I actually found some gold in the pan. B/c you know "The Ladies" love GOLD...lol

February 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dan DiCarlo

Just wanted to send out a big Thank You to Marty for helping me set up my sluice, and for hanging out with me at the outing. Made the day more enjoyable and helped me find some color! Thanks Marty!

February 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

After blue bowling the fly poop and flea poop, I added a tiny bit more to the total clean up. While not wildly impressive, it was a nice take for me, someone who has been known to find the skunk more often then not. Again, great outing and if anybody else has a suggestion for an outing location, please step up like Bradley and help us help the club. Thanks also to Marty for being the outing host this month.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

February 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George M

Had a good time @ mineral bar, everyone i met was great. I got there friday afternoon and couldn't bring myself to leave till sunday night. Talk about sore, i can barely walk. lol.  Hi LW, The expanded metal grizzly over the sluice worked great with a very strong current. Got some fines in the sluise box  but did better in the boils. Cant wait to see everyone again at next months dig.

--

February 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

Add me to the list of "sore backs"! haha

We ended up leaving early as my got so stiff, wasn't a good idea either to do squats at the gym, the day before...

Could not have asked for more from an outing, perfect weather, friendly people and gold in the pan.

Sorry I missed you Marty, me and my son were digging in the expsosed bedrock downstream of the brdige before the first gravel bar.

--

Joel

February 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LW

Glad to hear that George! Was a pleasure to meet you and thank you for sharing your idea of the Griz. My dad and my son enjoyed meeting you also and the couple from tracy and the human back  hoe from ceri...nobody ever said prospecting is easy but you def worked the hardest. Take care all and see ya at the next outing!

February 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joe davis squabman

thanks Dale for the gloves.Thanks to the folks that help me get out the last few feet of the climb to the road. I did recover some fines and my back has also been recovered.

February 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ralph

Had a great time meeting new people and helping out some first timers. Ran about 15 buckets through the sluice box and got my hole down to bed rock and that’s where those nice flakes were laying. Looking forward to the next outing.

--

I WASH ROCKS!

February 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Nice pan Ralph! I tried to hit bottom but had lots of cobble to move and ran out of daylight before I hit bottom. Dang!

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

February 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolina Mike

Finally finished my clean up. I know it is not much but hey for all the issues I had that day with the sluice I think it's not too bad...lol

February 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joe davis squabman

My clean out looks the same as Carolina Mike's

February 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I wish I could have gone, but I came down with Strep throat which I'm still recovering from. Nice gold everyone! :D

--

" :)"

February 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Get well soon Robyn.:)

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

February 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.