Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > Monthly Outing Coloma March

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Thought I would Get the ball rolling. A week away and all. So the plan is we start here at the park. But anyone who wants to move down river to the Greenwood Access feel free. Sluicing there is permitted.

The Entrance to Greenwood Access is 3.8 miles from the Sutters Creek Mill Parking lot.  The Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park Is a great place to bring the whole family. There are all kinds of fun stuff to see. I will be bringing the wife and kids(2&half year old twins).... Hopefully  This is my Two Cent Posting. The Club will post all proper info soon.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

March 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

And here are 2 links for the park:

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=484

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/484/files/MarshallGoldWebBrochure2012Rev.pdf

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

March 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ralph

im going stright to the green wood access. hope to you see you guys there.

--

I WASH ROCKS!

March 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Ralph and those planning to attend, the outing is officially at the Coloma location in the hands & pans area Bradley noted in the map above.   Please sign in at Coloma to register your attendedance to the outing.  If you feel on heading to Greenwood access, you may feel free to do so.   Happy prospecting.

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

March 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Hands and Pans sounds fun! I'm finished being sick, Erich and I will come :D

--

" :)"

March 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

This is good information about the Coloma area Bradley. Thank you!

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

March 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SO.... just got of the phone with folks at the Park. AND. I asked them what i could use..... Small shovel=No, Hand trowel=No, Large spoon=No. I asked how high on land i could dig for material= You can not dig. If you happened to be walking and kick up a nugget, its yours to keep. She added, Metal detecting is allowed in the park BUT(wait for it)........(wait for it)..... if you find anything, you can not dig for it or remove it. And I asked if we could use a classifier=Nope. 

--

March 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

as another alternative, there's a local park on Loftus Rd., visible on the second map above. it's Henningsen Lotus Park. parking there does cost. when i spoke with somebody last year, i was told panning was okay, but they recommended going further down river.

--

March 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JonDavis

i thought "hands and pans" sounded ok, until i realized that it literally meant HANDS AND PANS only. How do you even get any dirt into your pan? Im wondering about the greenwood access spot now. Anyone know what the access is like there? We are definatly far from pros, but even the wife says "hands and pans" sounds kinda lame. Whats everyone else doing?

March 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

" HANDS AND PANS " Is another reason why folks should join and be active in the rule making and rule changing. We are being bombarded with all kinds of rules and regulations that either make no sense, or are influenced by LIES and FAULTY Science. I am not crying "The sky is falling!"  I am wispering it to you...

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

March 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I know i haven't been prospecting for a long time but long enough to have seen what easy access locations look like after a year or 2 of other prospecting. I would not like to go to Sutters Mill and see it look like the gravel bar at Bear River. I went there as a kid 34 years ago and I would like to have my kids have the same chance and enjoy it for a park, not moon replica.

This Location to me is a family trip, one that my whole family can have fun with. Will I find a pan full of gold? No, but i will bring home some flakes left over from the starting point/spot where it all began. Some area's do need to be protected. Mie Too Since.

--

March 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Does anyone know if the greenwood access allows hand suction dredges??? Also, can we classify and shovel into buckets???

March 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JonDavis

good point Bradley.. kinda like a bad day fishing is better then a good day at work hu? But unfortunatly we have to back out now! There was a last minute schedule change at work, and ill be working Saturday. So good luck to everyone going. 

Also Gary, is there a way I can get you your boots before saturday? I was hoping to get them back to you asap.   

March 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

james 48

Bradley is right, Sutters Mill is a historical spot, so if you only get a few flakes it is a bonus. If you want to try hands and pans that will allow you to get good gold, try the South Yuba River State Park at the Hwy 49 Bridge.

March 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Steve at March 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Does anyone know if the greenwood access allows hand suction dredges??? Also, can we classify and shovel into buckets???

Steve,

yes on both.

make sure you are on the American River, or at the point where Greenwood Creek enters the American River. Both sides of the Greenwood Creek are private property, meaning you'd need the owner's permission to be there. the access path from the parking lot takes you down to the confluence, and about a half-mile further along the American are some good spots.

--

March 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jon- I truley look foward to haveing a picture like you profile pic with my kids one day. They already know how to screen sand.... dry but its a start.

--

March 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Soooo....does anyone think I can convince the park rangers that my drop riffle is just a washboard and I'm trying to get the sand washed out of my socks???

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

March 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Steve at March 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Soooo....does anyone think I can convince the park rangers that my drop riffle is just a washboard and I'm trying to get the sand washed out of my socks???

LOL!!  Good one! Get a photo/video please...LOL :)

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

March 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

I believe a lot of memebrs will come to Coloma check it out then go down the srteet to Greenwodd access area to gold.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

March 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene

When Bill and I went to Coloma, we used a metal pan to dig.... hands and pans, right? :D

March 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.