Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Club Outings > private claim prospecting

Sourdough Joe

Hello All,

was talking the other day with a fellow who might consider letting the club use one of his private claims. the question arose as to how much would the club pay to have this type access. so, my question to you is -- how much would you pay? after i get some response here, and at the mtg, i'll be able to discuss with him possibilities, and what he might think is a reasonable cost. similar to Bear River Group outing, am just wanting to pay as we go. 

considering the cost to park at Mineral Bar was $10, would it be reasonable to pay that much? or would you pay more, knowing it was not a public playground?

thanks for your input, sourdough joe

--

March 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

I don't see a problem with a fee, but would hurt those who take their families with them.  If the fee were $10/person, that would be $50 for that family...

--

Joel

March 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

I suggest $10 or $15 for family (immediate, husband + wife + children)  $5 or $10 per "regular" member would be fair IMO.    

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

March 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joel1316

-Ramos at March 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I suggest $10 or $15 for family (immediate, husband + wife + children)  $5 or $10 per "regular" member would be fair IMO.    

My reply was incomplete, Ramos knew what I meant :)

--

Joel

March 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jim504

Or maybe a 20% take for the owner?  hehe :)

--

March 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Joe, I think what we need ask him is, what price is he seeing in getting for a day use or outing of multiple days from the club or each person. 

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

March 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

I think I should go sample this claim and report back before we decide. =) Or at least send a sampler that knows what their doing......

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

March 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JonDavis

I would second Ramos. I wouldnt mind paying a little "day use fee"

March 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.